[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would I do this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: Find the Volume.png (24 KB, 417x188) Image search: [Google]
Find the Volume.png
24 KB, 417x188
How would I do this?
>>
File: Untitled.png (4 KB, 449x282) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
4 KB, 449x282
calculate the area of the top face
then multiply it by the hight (2.3)
>>
>>113960
Would I just find the area of each of the 2d plains and add them together for the volume of the entire thing?
>>
File: 1449666293991.jpg (9 KB, 419x304) Image search: [Google]
1449666293991.jpg
9 KB, 419x304
>>113962
>add them together
No. Read his post, he explained exactly how to do it. It's just like any extended solid. Find the area of the top face (or bottom, they're the same) and multiply my the height. Literally exactly what >>113960 said.
>>
>>113973
Why would the height be 2.3 though?

Regardless, the volume of the figure ends up being 414?
>>
File: 1462345129667.png (25 KB, 417x188) Image search: [Google]
1462345129667.png
25 KB, 417x188
>>113976
>Why would the height be 2.3 though?

hmm, that's a tough one
>>
>>113987
Okay i'm dumb, I guess I was still thinking of it as just a Trapezoid, I can't wrap my head around this stuff so I apologize.

So the volume of the entire thing is 414 right? I just want to confirm.

Thanks for the help :)
>>
>>113990
yes, 414 is the volume

is it the perspective drawing you have troubles with or the concept of how volumes work? you're not even all that wrong in >>113962. conceptually it's the same thing. if you imagine an infinite amount of 2d trapezoids stacked on top of each other 2.3 cm high, you're on the right track. that's how volumes work. and "adding" those layers is equal to multiplying with the height.

that operation is the same for all bodies of that type which have the same top and bottom face. a cylinder is just circles stacked on top of each other. volume: 2r*pi*height.

the more useful visualisation is not stacking layers but taking the bottom layer and *sliding* it into the top position. along the height. everything the layer passes through is what makes up the volume. and the sliding operation is the equivalent to a multiplication.
>>
>>113998
*cylinder: r^2*pi*hight obviously, sorry
>>
>>113998
Thank you very much for your help. I'm glad there's people like you who can take the time to actually try to get people to understand it. It is much appreciated and I hope you have a great day.
>>
>>113953
12*15/2*2.3
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.