[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can't exit Boot Menu?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
I have a tech problem
Okay, so I restarted my PC, and suddenly this came up out of nowhere. I tried to find out what it is, but nothing came up. I have tried to exit through the Setup found in the App Menu, but the screen just turned black for a bit and went straight back to the menu.
I am completely technology illiterate, so anything will help.
>>
what happens when you boot off the first one?
>>
File: image.jpg (980 KB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
980 KB, 2592x1936
>>111502
Basically anything I select either does nothing or takes me back to the first menu
>>
the windows boot record is damaged. you need to boot the install media (usually dvd) and run the recovery. or if your uefi bios menu has a recovery option use that.
>>
have you changed the "secure boot" setting in your bios? look around in there for a "secure boot" setting and see if you can toggle it from off to on.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>111507
I've just changed the secure boot to enabled, then saved and exited using F10, but it still takes me back to original menu
>>
>>111513

Even if you select the first boot option?
>>
>>111513
OP here. Just realised that below secure boot, it says secure boot status, which is disabled. I can't select this however.
>>
>>111516

The option selected in this picture >>111513 should be set to enabled and then save and exit bios. Should keep the setting.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>>111515
If you mean Windows Boot Manager, yes. I press enter to select it and it goes to the same menu
>>
>>111519

Have you tried booting off a portable OS and seeing if you can access the drive from there? If you can boot with HIren's boot cd and see your old drive contents then your hard drive isn't dead.
>>
File: image.jpg (919 KB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
919 KB, 2592x1936
OP here.
This is what is shown when I select Diagnostics Splash from the App Menu.
Does this help?
>>
Do you have something like "key management" (or similiar) option?

If so: backup and remove the secure boot keys
disable secure boot
save and reboot.
>>
>>111537
Couldn't find anything like that.
>>
>>111526
just put a windows install cd in and reboot and if necessary choose boot CDROM

and reinstall windows, it wont delete your apps or data (unless you chose format c:)

and should fix it (it rebuilds the MBR boot record of the C drive)

if that doesnt work one of the things on the Motherboard probably melted (cmos battery or whatever)

cheers
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.