[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished this, and it was beatiful. /vr/ endings thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 11
File: peaceforever.jpg (47 KB, 650x487) Image search: [Google]
peaceforever.jpg
47 KB, 650x487
Just finished this, and it was beatiful.

/vr/ endings thread.
>>
Reminder it's not over until you beat it in one credit. Just kidding.
>>
File: kxbhEGz.jpg.png (703 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
kxbhEGz.jpg.png
703 KB, 640x480
The ending to this is absolutely astounding.
>>
File: Andross.png (210 KB, 600x445) Image search: [Google]
Andross.png
210 KB, 600x445
This game. Specifically the hard route's.
>>
File: son2no-11.gif (2 KB, 248x192) Image search: [Google]
son2no-11.gif
2 KB, 248x192
>>
File: metbla-12[1].png (26 KB, 320x224) Image search: [Google]
metbla-12[1].png
26 KB, 320x224
This is the good ending for Metal Black. The scenario leading up to it is nothing like you'd imagine.
>>
>>3365848
Tails dies, best ending.
>>
>>3365857
Exactly my man
>>
>>3365835
The ending to the original Doom. Classic ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77me9uBZm_M
>>
>>3365886
Nice.

The warioland endings on the GB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdHsX-KJRG4

Fuck Mario.
Self entitled Italian bastard.
>>
This fucking ending man. Don't get me wrong, this port is MUCH easier than the arcade or PC Engine versions, but still, it's a pretty rough game at times that doesn't give you much room for error. The final level is a mish-mash of clusterfuck built around a maze that will kill you since you lose 1 heart every yea-so-many seconds. You get past that and fight one of the hardest bosses in the game, TWICE. What is your reward?

This text dump. The first three sentences alone tell you they didn't even bother trying to have a plot, or at least they weren't too concerned with translating it. Then back to the title screen.

Here's the first three lines for those that can't make it out:
"The battle is over. We never knew that the dragon was a robot. Did it come from another planet?"

This and Solar Jetman's endings are two of the lamest I have ever seen, in relation to the amount of effort needed to reach them.
>>
File: MarioClash.png (3 KB, 384x224) Image search: [Google]
MarioClash.png
3 KB, 384x224
>Mario Clash
>Infuriating, slow game
>Painstakingly get 1000000 points
>Your reward
>>
File: Eye of the Beholder.png (99 KB, 755x412) Image search: [Google]
Eye of the Beholder.png
99 KB, 755x412
>hey, no hard feelings on us collapsing the entrance to the dungeon behind you so it was literally do or die, right?
>>
>>3365856
what the fuck did it even mean

this is the EoE of video games

at least the bad ending kicks ass
>>
File: RE2end.jpg (92 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
RE2end.jpg
92 KB, 640x480
>>
>>3367826
>ywn have a game where Chris, Jill, Leo and Claire team up to finally take down Umbrella and Wesker once and for all.

Feels bad man ;__;
>>
File: doubledrag2-13.gif (3 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
doubledrag2-13.gif
3 KB, 256x224
Yes, the ending on the NES version is a bit copout when you consider she stays dead in the arcade game and the Raoh the Conqueror-wannabe final boss wasn't even in that version, but damn am I not a sucker for happy endings.
>>
>>3367163
Wasn't that caused by the main antagonist of the game?
>>
>>3368861
Y'know, it might've been in retrospect. I guess I don't know why they'd have done it though.

>haha, now the adventures can't change their mind or be driven off
>they HAVE to come kill us now, the suckers!
>>
>>3367826
>>3367868

Maybe one day they will reboot RE and pretend that any game released after CV didn't happen and make an RE4 in the style of the originals.
>>
File: Diablo_Coverart.png (93 KB, 256x255) Image search: [Google]
Diablo_Coverart.png
93 KB, 256x255
>>3365835
Wtf bro
Have you seriously not ended Metal Slug on arcades when you were 8 man
Better late than never I guess
But seriously. Wtf.

Diablo 1 ending. Darkest, most nihilistic shit I've ever seen.
(IHNMAIMS doesnt count.)
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.