[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm trying to buy a gameboy advance, but they are all heavily
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: gbasp_nes_classic.jpg (22 KB, 450x327) Image search: [Google]
gbasp_nes_classic.jpg
22 KB, 450x327
I'm trying to buy a gameboy advance, but they are all heavily modified on Ebay now, with new cases/buttons and shit that isn't OEM.

I also see a few Gameboy Advance SPs with the good backlit screen for sale, but I can't really tell which ones are totally unmodified and not refurbished anymore.
>>
File: 876432NintendoDS.png (510 KB, 880x609) Image search: [Google]
876432NintendoDS.png
510 KB, 880x609
Barring the inability to play GB games (which you might as well just get a $15 GBC for anyway), what does the GBASP offer over a DS? Genuine question, I never had an SP.
>>
>>3365639
>what does the GBASP offer over a DS
Proprietary audio output (no 3.5 jack)
Inability to play in the headphones and charge
>>
>>3365587

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Game-Boy-Advance-GBA-SP-Advance-System-AGS-001-MINT-NEW-Pick-A-Color-/191226476705

Still have my SP and love it but has since been retired when I found a miiiiiiinty fresh GB Micro in box for a great price.

Could also try Etsy and see what you can find. A lot of sellers are willing to send extra pictures and such when asked.
>>
>>3365587
Whats wrong with the refurbished ones? I've had mine for a few years and its been great. Assuming were talking about that longtime ebayer that refurbishes specifically sps.
>>
>>3365729
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Game-Boy-Advance-GBA-SP-System-AGS-101-Brighter-MINT-NEW-Pick-A-Color-/201090920636?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT and this listing for the brighter screen ones which is the AGS-101 by the way
>>
>>3365639
Uh... The ability to play GB games in good color with backlit screen.
>>
>>3365729
>>3365736
YO, are you even looking at these auctions?

>I have replaced the housing for this system. The outer case is brand new, the buttons are all brand new. I have replaced the screen lens of the system. The screen looks fantastic! There are no scratches! Not a single scratch on the system! I have cleaned the motherboard with an electronic contact cleaner. This ensures that all buttons work fluidly.
>>
>>3365729
>>3365736
In my post I was avoiding these. I don't want aftermarket chinese parts put onto an original SP. This guy replaces the shells and buttons and a bunch of shit with cheap knockoff stuff that isn't original. I'm not buying a frankenstein console.

That's why I specifically said
>but they are all heavily modified on Ebay now, with new cases/buttons and shit that isn't OEM.
>>
>>3365764
Then go search and bid on one of the NIB ones if you can pony up the money.
>>
>>3365792
Wow thanks.
>>
If you want to inspect items before purchase don't buy on ebay. If you want the convenience of ebay either accept the uncertainty or embrace being a difficult buyer. Ask specific questions about the hardware and if you receive something other than what was described get a refund.
>>
>>3365940
I think OP was just saying he wanted an original, normal SP.
>>
>>3365587
Go to a flea market, or a retro game store, or goodwill. Anyone who is willing to dump theirs there is not going to have replaced any parts.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.