[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>snes and mega drive versions are good >playstation and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: lul.jpg (251 KB, 1280x812) Image search: [Google]
lul.jpg
251 KB, 1280x812
>snes and mega drive versions are good
>playstation and saturn versions come out
>game has to load the fuck out all the time
>even mid-game when shang Tsung morphs
>there's even an option to turn off shang Tsung being able to morph to anyone other than the player he is versing

You actually can't make this shit up.
>>
>>3365579
>rushed games to cash in on new technology turn out to be shit

What a shock.
>>
>>3365579
This is like one of the only few games on ps1 that has bad loading times
>>
Congratulations, you discovered one of the differences between solid state cartridges and optical media.
>>
>>3367582

PS1's disc drive was awful, I remember praying every time I booted it up, 6 out of 10 times the game wouldn't load.

Then I learned the upside-down trick but it still had issues, and the loading times in most games were terrible.
>>
> can't play Training mode in a certain Neo Geo emulator
> turns out KoF '98 came out for PSX in Japan
> Sweet
> Get ISO, start it up
> It loads before EVERY ROUND
>>
>>3365579
>>even mid-game when shang Tsung morphs
Seriously? Lmao. Sony ponies cucked again I guess
>>
>>3368201
It didn't even come out for Nintendo 64, no fighting game did other than shitty MK 4
>>
File: N64_MortalKombatTrilogy_NA1.png (663 KB, 800x580) Image search: [Google]
N64_MortalKombatTrilogy_NA1.png
663 KB, 800x580
>>3368369

Uhhh......

Oh and-

Mace: The Dark Age
Flying Dragon
Beast Wars Transmetals
War Gods
Biofreaks
Fighters Destiny
Killer Instinct Gold
Clay Fighters Sculptures Cut
Dark Rift
WCW vs NWO Revenge
>>
>>3367582
>This is like one of the only few games on ps1 that has bad loading times

... almost every PS1 game had terrible loading times, except for a few that did a specific workaround, like the empty corridors in SOTN they put there for the game to have time loading the next level.

Have you played any of the Capcom fighting games on the PS1? They have atrocious long loading times.
>>
>>3368593
>Have you played any of the Capcom fighting games on the PS1? They have atrocious long loading times.
And chopped down animation. And in the case of the VS series the freaking tag team system removed because there wasn't enough RAM to hold 4 characters' worth of sprites.
>>
>>3368642
I'm not even getting into that - but stuff like Street Fighter Collection (with SF2 and Alpha 2), titles the PS1 could handle without chopping the animation, they still had extremely long loading times.
>>
>>3368201
That was an issue on all CD based consoles that had MK games up until Trilogy.
>>
>>3368582
Ok let me rephrase myself, no GOOD fighting games

Also a good lot of the games you listed are not "fighting games", they're arena games and wrestling games
>>
File: mk2pc.jpg (70 KB, 640x768) Image search: [Google]
mk2pc.jpg
70 KB, 640x768
>>3365579
Mustard race, coming through!
>>
>>3368701

feck you, KI Gold (and any KI) is better than MK.
>>
>>3368701

Fighters Destiny, Mace: The Dark Age and War Gods were all good.
>>
>>3368769
KI Gold wasn't a bad game perse but whether you prefer it or MK is really subjective, I'd put it on the same level of game as MK 4, so tomato tomato...I've always been more of an MK guy but I'm not going to insult Killer Instinct

Also, if the only console you had was N64 of course you're going to put it up on a pedestal

>>3368776
Do you really believe that or are you just saying that because you had no choice? Would you honestly play any of those before you'd play the likes of the Soul series, Tekken, or any of the Capcom fighting games of the day?

Maybe those games weren't exactly hot garbage or anything, but surely you can recognize the fact that they were certainly outclassed by fighting games on other consoles
>>
>>3368809
>Also, if the only console you had was N64 of course you're going to put it up on a pedestal

Nah, I had PS1 first and then also got a Saturn, I also had a 3DO.

All the 5th gen MKs were bad, and really, the only good ones are MK2 and UMK3. "Good" as in "I enjoyed them as a kid, fatalities were rad".

KI I still like, it's more similar to traditional fighting games.

i wouldn't really compare MK4 to KI Gold, way off.
>>
>>3368741
Mustard race?
>>
>>3368887
East-Asians
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.