[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>ask question in the homebrew/hacking general thread on /vg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: PlayStation-Model-Backs.jpg (3 MB, 3300x2540) Image search: [Google]
PlayStation-Model-Backs.jpg
3 MB, 3300x2540
>ask question in the homebrew/hacking general thread on /vg/
>get told to ask here

So I'm looking at installing a mod chip for my PS1. It's an SCPH-9001 (top model). I took a look around and found a MultiModel3 modchip on eurasia for 4 dollars. I have some wire lying around and have moderate soldering experience but this will be my first hard mod. What else do I need to know and is this a decent mod chip for my console?
>>
>>>/vg/
>>
You probably should have asked this in the Repair/Mod general we have.

That being said, yes the MM3 is the modchip you want for PS1's. Just follow the diagram they will give you with the chip, and you should be fine. Of course, you may want to look inside of your PS1 so you can get an idea of how small the connections will be, and how small of a tip you will want to use.
>>
It's decent and the soldering isn't hard. Maybe consider a PSIO once they start selling again..essentially a ps1 flashcart
>>
>>3365208
I looked into the PSIO and would get one once they start selling but the SCPH-9001 doesn't have a parallel port and 150 dollars is really steep for me. I'll keep my eye out at flee markets and see if I can find an older model PS1 and see if they get cheaper in the future. I don't think my laser is entirely prime anyways.

>>3365205
I didn't know there was a repair/mod general, sorry. I made sure to already take a look and I think I could do it. I've had to repair a couple of slim PS2 models with a faulty connection to the A/C in so I'm confident
>>
Put a switch on the ground wire so you can turn it off after boot. Lots of later games can detect mod chips. I honestly prefer external mod chips like Goldfinger and boot discs like PS-X-Change
>>
>>3365309
>PS-X-Change
Do you have to purchase ps-x change or can it be burnt on a regular cd-r?
>>
>>3365309
Get with the times anon, the MM3 is a stealth mod chip. You don't use a switch for it. It shuts itself off after it does it's job.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.