[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
X series
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1468699003353[1].png (145 KB, 500x345) Image search: [Google]
1468699003353[1].png
145 KB, 500x345
Can someone explain to me the MASSIVE drop in quality of the X series? X is really good. X2-X3 are a real drop in quality. X4 onwards is just terrible. X4-6 are also kinda ugly, with washed out colors.

MM1-6 were all at least good. All use the same engine. Even the weakest ones are alright.
>>
Because you're a nostalgic piece of shit. The only drop in quality is X6, but of course you will never admit that.

Keep playing the same 8-bit over and over
>>
First time I've ever heard anyone say what OP just said. Ever. I've had many MM fans tell me that X was one of the weaker ones just because it was too easy, not the best in the series. And I've heard pretty much universal praise for X2 and X3.

Is this some kinda bait thread or something?
>>
File: VAVAMk_IIX3.jpg (279 KB, 877x1315) Image search: [Google]
VAVAMk_IIX3.jpg
279 KB, 877x1315
>>3364914
I personally feel x4 and X5 were very good and fun at the time. But going into ps2 they wanted to make it 3d and it went to shit. Probably a combination of less funds and laziness recycling the same assets and also staff working on MML1&2. I fucking loved X2 & X3 though. I really like the designs in X3 and it had mother fucking Vile Bobafett
>>
I have seen a lot of people suck the first three games' dicks because of tje music and graphics (among other things). I much prefer the synth music and shiny spritework of the PS1 games to the obnoxious soundfont and ugly graphics of the SNES ones.
>>
As a game gets rehashed again and again over time, the overall quality gradually declines. Imagine that.
>>
GOD TIER:
X, X2, Xtreme 2, X4, X6, X8, Command Mission, Maverick Hunter

MID TIER:
X3

LOW TIER:
Xtreme, X5

SHIT TIER:
X7
>>
>>3365794
>X6 and X8 not in trash tier
you fucked up anon
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.