[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Wonders DOS version?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: serveimage(27).jpg (16 KB, 256x297) Image search: [Google]
serveimage(27).jpg
16 KB, 256x297
Trying to find a DOS version of the original AoW so I can configure and play it with DosBox on my Nexus 6p.
>>
The game is from 1999. They stopped releasing for DOS at that point.
>>
>>3362052
Several sites have claimed that it has a DOS version.
But if I can't find it, do you have another approach on how I can play it on android?
>>
>>3362061
Zero. Play wesnoth instead
>>
>>3362072
Not to be that guy but it looks like a halfassed version of AoW, also what's the difference between the original an legacy of wesnoth?
>>
>>3362095
One is free as in freedom and the other is not.
>>
>>3362098
True didn't see it was free, my mistake
>>
>>3362095
It's more of a SRPG than AoW-style game. Think Fire Emblem here. The UI modifications take a bit to get used to, but once you set the right resolution and change the mouse behavior to work like you're clicking with your finger it's near perfect.

If you want something like AoW though there's a shitty HD version of HOMM3 in there. There's also Freeciv Web.
>>
>>3362095
Wesnoth is shit. It's pretty much "RNG: The game" with fuck-all tactics. Zerg rushing is more reliable than any strategy you can come up with.
>>
>>3364468
Give an alternative?
>>
Bought this last week on Steam.
>>
>>3365820
>Give an alternative?

Heroes 3 on Android
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.