[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was a Nintendo kid, and later, a Nintendo/Playstation kid,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: sega.jpg (319 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
sega.jpg
319 KB, 1920x1080
I was a Nintendo kid, and later, a Nintendo/Playstation kid, so I missed out on a lot of games exclusive to Sega consoles. Would anyone mind recommending me some good Sega system only games? From the Master System to the Dreamcast, it doesn't matter. I've already played Sonic 1-3, Sonic Spinball, Boogerman, Castlevania: Bloodlines, and I know a few others, but most was in the mid 90s and I only played a bit. I'll take anything, but some genres I particularly like, in no particular order, are:

- RPGs
- Platformers
- Action
- Adventure
- Horror
- Stealth

But don't feel the need to limit games to just these genres. Also, if there are any great Japanese only games out there, don't leave them out either.
>>
Popful mail
>>
Genesis:
Shining Force IV
Sonic 1 + 2 + 3 are must plays
Contra: Hard Corps

SegaCD:
Snatcher
Sonic CD
Night Trap
>>
If you grew up on Nintendo you'd like Wonderboy in Monster World. It's a better Zelda 2.
>>
>>3361617
Phantasy Star Series
Shinign Force Series
Ristar
>>
>>3361617
Altered Beast
Micheal Jacksons Moonwalker
>>
>>3361617
Alien Storm
Beyond Oasis
Bonanza Bros.
Comix Zone
Contra Hard Corps.
Earthworm Jim
Gunstar Heroes
Flicky
Gain Ground
Golden Axe 1, 2, and 3
Robocop vs. The Terminator
Road Blasters
Shinobi 3
Streets Of Rage 1, 2, and 3
Truxton
Two Crude Dudes
Vectorman 1 and 2
>>
Sonic 2, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, the Splatterhouse series, Mortal Kombat, Batman Returns, Aladdin
>>
>>3361617
>i've been watching nintendo lp since last summer and recently started watching ps lp. wut sayga romz download?
>>
>>3362765

epic post my fellow redditor. that'll show those crossboarding newfags from /v/!
>>
>>3361617
>- RPGs
Phantasy Star IV, Skies of Arcadia
>- Platformers
Super Shinobi, Clockwork Knight
>- Action
Streets of Rage, Golden Axe
>- Adventure
Shenmue
>- Horror
Deep Fear
>- Stealth
Head Hunter
>>
Thanks guys, these lists alone will do for awhile.
>>
Check out Eno's works: D, D2 and Enemy Zero. Some of the best retro horror games you'll play.
>>
>>3361617
There aren't any good Sega Exclusives.
Only the Sonic games were good. And Castlevania.
>>
>master system
penguin land
phantasy star (retranslation)
teddy boy
zillion

>genesis
the haunting
phantasy star iv
road rash 1-3
streets of rage 2
tmnt: hyperstone heist

>sega cd
snatcher
sonic cd
virtua fighter 2

>sega saturn
die hard arcade
initial d
lupin iii: the sage of pyramid
sonic r

>sega dreamcast
ikaruga
jet grind radio
power stone 2
zero gunner 2
>>
>>3363050
whoops virtua fighter 2 is supposed to be under saturn
>>
File: D2_Video_Game.jpg (41 KB, 640x545) Image search: [Google]
D2_Video_Game.jpg
41 KB, 640x545
Great horror game.
>>
>>3362995
>There aren't any good Sega Exclusives.
Only if you don't even put the effort to at least try seeking out something on the console that you like I guess. It's like me saying there aren't any good Nintendo exclusives other than Zelda and F-Zero.
>>
>>3362995
Master System:

ACTION
Kenseiden (hugely underrated gem)
Shinobi
Zillion
Cyborg Hunter (great game)
Spellcaster (RPG Hybrid)
Master of Darkness
Wonderboy 2 and 3
Alex Kidd in Miracle World

SHOOT'EM UP
R-Type
Power Strike 1 and 2
Bomber Raid
Darius

DRIVING:
Outrun 3D
World Grand Prix
Hang On
Fire & Forget 2
Road Rash
Chase HQ
Battle OutRun

MISC:
Choplifter (best version)
Penguin Land (Brilliant game and has level editor)
California Games (best version)
Spy Vs Spy (best version)
Rampage
Pacmania
Populous
Speedball 1 and 2

RPG:
Phantasy Star
Y's
Ultima IV
>>
>>3363050
Penguin Land is fucking God Tier.
>>
>>3363050
Sega CD:

Batman Returns
(Select driving only and prepare to enjoy a glorious drive'em up)
Thunderhawk
Battlecorp
>>
>>3363685
>Cyborg Hunter

I've been trying to remember the name of this game for so long. Thanks anon.
>>
>showing loyalty to a soulless corporation

I will literally never understand this
>>
>>3363703

Whoever claimed to do that?
>>
>>3363727
OP, apparently.
>>
>>3363729

Never implied there. Here's a little clandestine info:

1. Kids are dumb (but then, so are adults. I don't know why I'm even pointing it out then).
2. Not a lot of kids can buy whatever they want, just what their parents buy them. If their parents buy them Nintendo and Sony systems, then that's what they're going to play.
>>
>>3363734
I remember downloading and playing Gundam Wing Endless Duel and playing it in the computer lab at school, in grade 7, in the year 2000 of our lord jesus christ, right along side Sonic 3&K and Donkey Kong and shit.

There's really no excuse, Saturn or Dreamcast I can understand, if you played those when they were fresh that was a fucking treasured experience, but no one has an excuse for being totally ignorant of the Genesis library if they have any considerable interest in gaming.
>>
>>3363745

>but no one has an excuse for being totally ignorant of the Genesis library if they have any considerable interest in gaming.

Considering how many games there are on other systems... Yeah they do. Shit, I've spent two years working my way through a shitload of old games on consoles I own, and I can keep doing this for another two years at least, that's not even counting games from consoles I didn't own. Calm your anus, son.
>>
>>3363703
No one really cares about the companies themselves, I think. It's about the games and their characters, not much about the people behind it.
>>
File: burger wheel.gif (842 KB, 360x200) Image search: [Google]
burger wheel.gif
842 KB, 360x200
>>3362749
Seconded. This guy has a lot of the staples
>>
>>3363749
I don't know man, it's only like a few thousand games at most, and you can pretty much subtract a lot of shit like XX genre games (Mahjong, Fishing, RPGs, Sports, Fighting, whatever you personally don't like), and you could probably try out a game and find out you're not into that in less than 10 minutes at least 60-70% of the time, leaving with you the ability to comb through say 50 different titles on a lazy Sunday just picking the ones that have cool screenshots or good sounding titles or are in the genre you like.

There are not really an unlimited number of consoles and games, most people don't go back farther than 8-bit, and you could probably go through phases exploring different libraries, getting a pretty good idea of things in only a few years, even if you only played for like an hour a night, or every sunday, or lets be honest, for pretty much an entire summer if you're a lonely nerd with bad acne or obesity.

On the other hand, I had Sega Channel when I was a kid.

Did you know they had Pulseman and Alien Soldier on Sega Channel? Shit was fucking tight

Nowadays you can even play PS2 games pretty easily, if you come from at least a middle class family or have the gumption to get a part time job and afford a decent computer.
>>
>>3363759
Thank you for your kind comment anon.
>>
Rocket Knight Adventures & Sparkster are great, SNES Sparkster is better though.
>>
>>3363813
they're both kind of mediocre

they don't really hold up to titles like Wario Land or Kirby or Dynamite Heady or Pulseman
>>
>>3363686
my nigga

been playing it since i was a baby. love every version of it.
>>
>>3361647
Seriously? I'll check it out. I thought zelda 2 was pretty good.
>>
>>3361617
not necessarily an exclusive but the genesis version of shadowrun is quite good.
>>
>>3363775
Origianl RKA will always be best. Dat sundtrack man
>>
File: kid-chameleon-usa-europe.png (293 KB, 360x500) Image search: [Google]
kid-chameleon-usa-europe.png
293 KB, 360x500
KID MOTHERFUCKING CHAMELEON!
>>
>>3365893
That is an exclusive, the SR on the Genesis and SNES are two completely different games.
>>
Toejam & Earl,literally hours of fun and you can play with someone else, the first one though, second one is meh,seriously OP you will not regret playing it
>>
>>3366509
>,literally hours of fun
It's a good thing you clarified that they were literal hours. Otherwise I would have had no idea what you were talking about.
>>
>>3361617
SEGA AGES: Outrun
>>
>>3366450
Play this op
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.