[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking glass/ origin general?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: 000-Front_Cover.jpg (90 KB, 640x766) Image search: [Google]
000-Front_Cover.jpg
90 KB, 640x766
Just finished system shock, it was hard

Is it worth it to play Terranova Strike force Centauri? i know it took a lot of time to make but im honestly getting bored

Bioforge was horrible
>>
File: 000-Front_Cover.jpg (72 KB, 640x891) Image search: [Google]
000-Front_Cover.jpg
72 KB, 640x891
BTW if you ever have the chance to get it, play the portable version of System shock instead of that remaster on GOG, far more customizable and has some really nice mods and configurations built in, it was available until the GOG version appeared
>>
File: __ff_000.png (19 KB, 320x200) Image search: [Google]
__ff_000.png
19 KB, 320x200
ill now post Terranova screenshots and stuff so that someone might giddy up and give it a try because even if clunky you can see that there was a lot of love put into making it
>>
>>
it even had an extra music disc made by Eric which is pretty good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oua6VYSs8b0&list=PLFB07150A644B82F8
>>
And a bit of gameplay, the ingame soundtrack is really good too, being interactive and all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb4WtUp7hDw
>>
Terra Nova is criminally under rated.
>>
File: 1465787292599.jpg (51 KB, 640x423) Image search: [Google]
1465787292599.jpg
51 KB, 640x423
>>3361546
Remember getting the demo on a PC Gamer disc. June 1996 I believe. Disc was awesome though. Had demos for Terra Nova, Duke 3D, and I Have No Mouth. It was a great childhood.

Terra Nova was awesome as far as I can remrmber. Been wanting to get it off GoG/Steam sometime.
>>
>>3361546
YES, it's fucking worth it. I played TerraNova immediately after finishing System Shock. It took me a while to get into it, but after a few missions I was hooked. Honestly, it was ahead of its time.

Also, the live action cut scenes are glorious 90's cheese.
>>
>>3361573
>the ingame soundtrack is really good too, being interactive and all
not uncommon during the midi/mod era
>>
>>3363885
>it was ahead of its time
how so?
>>
How are the Wing Commander games?
>>
>>3364013
do you have a soundcard and a cd-rom drive?
>>
I noticed Nightdive published Terra Nova on Steam/GoG. Is it safe to assume those versions are up to snuff and work on modern machines no problems?
>>
>>3364018
I guess?
>>
>>3365057
then they can be quite entertaining. Solid space dog fighters with early cinematic experience thrown in for good measure
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.