[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Retro Cures for Tired Gamer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: cure for tired gamers.jpg (117 KB, 800x441) Image search: [Google]
cure for tired gamers.jpg
117 KB, 800x441
Anyone ever get really burnout out on games, I guess tired gamer syndrome? A few years back I got so fed up with the garbage being put out by the modern industry and realized the only stuff I enjoyed was all the retro stuff from earlier gens. Far more creativity and fun to be had than just constant "cinematic experiences".

I'm curious though, has anyone had that same fatigued feeling with retro games? Every once in awhile I'd have trouble finding anything appealing to play, even old favorites were unappealing. I discovered though that no matter how many times I played through it, something about Wild Arms 1 and 2 always got me excited for playing games again. I see a lot of dislike or indifference to these games, but something about them washes away any gaming fatigue I'm feeling.

Anyway, anyone else experience this, what games do you find you can always go back to, no matter what kind of mood you might be in?
>>
>A few years back I got so fed up with the garbage being put out by the modern industry and realized the only stuff I enjoyed was all the retro stuff from earlier gens.

I just became pessimistic, racist to an extent, and shut in when it comes to video games. I find the only way to enjoy modern games is to find fun in shitting on them and griefing the player base.

The best part is the modern video game devs only reinforce my opinion and beliefs of modern games as time goes by. If it's not some movie game like Uncharted being released it's some hugbox feature like the new Blizzard silence system. There's always something coming out or on the horizon for me to be anxious about how bad it's going to be. And it's always bad.
>>
>>3361305
Racist over video games? And what is this 'silence' system? If enough people complain about you then you can't mic chat?
>>
>>3361345
>Racist over video games?
Not so much racist as "xenophobic". Russians and south america have invaded a lot of online games.
>And what is this 'silence' system?
You get reported and then get a 24 ban from the chats in games. Every offense after doubles infinitely. Blizz says it goes to a review before dishing out the silence but I doubt it's true.

So people like me will just be reporting any retard just because Blizz has enabled me a new tool to troll with.
>>
>>3361283
I think there's a lot of fun out there if you look hard enough.

Don't pretend like every retro game was a masterpiece.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 1660x1693) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1660x1693
>>3361283
I can always go back to Banjo-Kazooie, my all-time favorite. It's the right amount of challenge and fun. It's as close to perfect as it gets. I make it a thing to play it once every 1-3 years.
>>
>>3361283
No. One time I played for something like a month straight getting up only to piss. Slept for a few days and was back at it. Sounds like you're a pussy and have ironically never seen one.
Except on the way out. Unless cesarean. Or, you know, other ways.
>>
>>3361283
I've had that. I just stop playing video games until I want to again.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.