[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm having a dilemma. I want to sell some old games and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: nescollection.jpg (749 KB, 2998x1938) Image search: [Google]
nescollection.jpg
749 KB, 2998x1938
So I'm having a dilemma. I want to sell some old games and systems on Craigslist. Now, I don't want to be that scumbag seller who charges out the ass, but I also don't want my stuff to just go to some asshole who'll flip them for a big profit.

How should I price my stuff?
>>
Twice what you payed.
>>
Bout $350.
>>
>>3358397

Don't overthink it. You want to get rid of your stuff, and someone will hopefully buy it at whatever price(s) you list them. After it's gone that's it - the buyer can do what they want with it (whether keep or resell). You won't have to think about it again.
>>
>>3358421
reseller detected
>>
>>3358426
>>3358397
what's wrong with reselling?

if somebody is stupid enough to pay a hugely marked up price for a cartridge let them.
>>
>>3358431
Reselling is directly responsible for the massive price inflation that took place over the last few years. It tricks idiots into thinking the item is more valuable than it is, especially now that it's a fad to collect and you have people who don't know that you can look for deals. Thus the price skyrockets. Look what happened to Earthbound, 7 years ago it was worth about $20.
>>
>>3358436
anyone who doesn't emulate is already an idiot though
>>
>>3358442
There's nothing wrong with playing on an original console old fashion or for nostalgic purposes
>>
>>3358436
>7 years ago it was worth about $20

No it wasn't.
>>
>>3358569
More like ~$80.
>>
I say don't sell them. Put them in storage for 5 or 10 or even more years. Lend them to a museum. They may be interested in a collection like that.

I had a collection about a third the size of yours and about 7 or 8 years ago sold them in one lot. I forgot about them but last week I saw a Super Mario Bros. cartridge in a second hand store for $35 and I thought what the hell, they appreciated that much. But mostly I wished I could spend I night playing some of the games with my children or my friends.

It's not about the money. You spent a lot of time and care putting that collection together. Keep it together. The buyer will likely split the collection for profit and as the games go to individual buyers it is not likely that they will be properly cared for.
>>
>>3358397
Price it just below reseller prices. You have to find a sweet spot that makes buyers think they're getting a deal and won't net a reseller any appreciable profit if they try to flip it. Then again you could just price gouge like a jew and make maximum profit.
>>
keep it so you can pass it on your wife's son
>>
>>3358397
Guess you'll just have to settle for being that scumbag seller who robs rapes and murders the cl buyer.
PS: doesn't have to be in that order and /b/ is looking forward to pics.
>>
>>3358436
No. I got my copy of Earthbound in 1999 and even then it was noticably difficult to get a used copy for a reasonable price. It was the first murmurs of the boom yet to come.
>>
Sell your rarest games individually for eBay price minus the 20%+ they take from you for using them. Use that money to buy a console lot then bundle your common games by genre along with a system and maybe even a CRT since you'll be selling locally. People will pay $100 each for bundles like that.
>>
>>3358957
That's a fucking lie or you're an idiot. In 1999 you could still buy unopened cases of 5x copies of Earthbound for less than $100.
>>
>>3358436
Collectors are the main reason for price inflation. Resellers are a symptom not the disease.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.