[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you all keep your consoles from gathering dust? Have any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: dusty.jpg (62 KB, 736x736) Image search: [Google]
dusty.jpg
62 KB, 736x736
How do you all keep your consoles from gathering dust? Have any of you worked out any cool tricks for keeping consoles that are sitting out clean?
>>
File: 2301000001.jpg (8 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
2301000001.jpg
8 KB, 450x300
>>
>>3357579
Is that just a dust rag, or do you cover your consoles with it?
>>
use the air cans sold almost anywhere to get into the vents.

Sometimes I'll see dust bunnies living inside them, so for the older ones ive had since a kid I have to open them up and clean them out like I do my PC once a month.... including the keyboard (pop the keys out, clean all the dust, crumbs, and animal/human hair collected under the keys)
>>
File: Purell.jpg (162 KB, 650x867) Image search: [Google]
Purell.jpg
162 KB, 650x867
>>3357617
oh i clean controllers too.... with a toothbrush. OCD? no, but take care of my shit. Weirdest controller ive ever cleaned was my n64 controller. Somehow dirt gets inside it...

air can and toothbrushes arnt my only tools. I recommend purell cleaning wipes. If u ever buy used retro controllers that are sticky, old ps2/xb/gcn era games with dirty cases with stickers/dirt/etc.... this shit gets the work done.
>>
File: dust cover.jpg (402 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
dust cover.jpg
402 KB, 1024x768
>>3357617
I was thinking something more along these lines. Like, a cover to actually keep the dust from gathering and getting in there. I was thinking about buying one and then modifying it a bit so i could run the cords under it and all.
>>
>>3357635
Damn! You go all out. I clean my keyboard keys every couple of months, but I'd be afraid to find out all the hair and gunk that's sitting underneath the keys.
>>
>>3357570
The simplest trick is to not leave them laying out i the open. But unless you're sealing them in an air tight container after every use they'll still get dusty eventually. Even in a cabinet with doors.
The best way to minimize dust is with an air filtration system. Unfortunately a good system is insanely expensive. Cheaper home systems mainly cater to hypochondriacs and still cost several hundred dollars. And they don't even deal with dust that settles behind or under things.
In one room my "trick" is to keep my consoles in an equipment rack. Not only does this look extremely fucking cool but it has a great filtration system. When running, even with the door open, you can really feel the air flow. I haven't had any dust on anything in there in the 8+ years I've been using it for consoles. I'm getting a new TV with a lot of space for consoles delivered next week. I'm going to try rigging up something similar for that.
>>
>>3357570
Pledge helps repel dust and makes your consoles' plastic look shiny and new. To remove dust, use a swiffer duster.
>>
>>3357570
i cover my consoles with a cloth.
>>
all my consoles are inside of my PC
>>
keep it in a spacebag desu
>>
I use a TV stand with sliding glass cabinets. Works like a charm.
>>
>>3357570
Well OP, I dust them.
>>
Some folks use plastic storage boxes and just turn them upside down. That could get expensive, though. If you go that route I'd try the dollar store.
>>
>>3357570
I emulate them
>>
>>3358174
Enjoying those bad sectors?
>>
>>3357635
This. I use some Lysol disinfecting wipes on all of my controllers every few months. I also disassemble and clean any used hardware I buy. Over the holidays, I spent my free time watching Chrismas movies on Netflix and taking apart all my controllers and consoles, scrubbing them clean with a toothbrush, letting them dry, then re-assembling. It was soothing in a way.

I especially love cleaning any new game carts I buy. I feel like it officially makes it mine, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>3358846
Do you clean them long time? If you know what I mean.
>>
Dusting is pointless - you're just redistributing the dust. Vacuum it up, with one of those brush nozzles.
>>
>>3357570
By cleaning and dusting my room once a week.
>>
>>3360626
>my room
Sounds like you haven't been around long enough to collect anything but a bit of dust.
>>
>>3361220
His mom makes him clean his belly button at least once a month.
>>
>>3357570
Cotton balls with isopropyl alcohol.
For controllers, cotton swabs
>>
>>3358251
yeah
>>
>>3357570
my house isn't that dusty desu,
and i only got 3
>>
File: dustdevil.jpg (16 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
dustdevil.jpg
16 KB, 300x225
This and a soft cloth.
>>
get a tv stand with doors
>>
>>3357570
>How do you all keep your consoles from gathering dust?
Dont have a dirty, dusty ass room, keep your shit clean, I dunno, DUST things off when they get DUSTY maybe? >>3357570
>>
>>3362459
>room
Underage detected
Read the rules kiddo
>>
>>3357579
That always worked
>>
>>3357570
http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/H-2679/Mops-Squeegees-and-Carts/Lambswool-Extension-Duster-30-45?pricode=WY588&gadtype=pla&id=H-2679&gclid=CjwKEAjwtqe8BRCs-9DdpMOilBoSJAAyqWz_m7VxGARCrRC5rpU7I98kHOUbTGmSXQZgzI0cmvLrixoCohLw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Once a month, right over top, dust gone.
>>
>>3363131
Fuck off punk bitch
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.