[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone have experience with PCengine isos? I am trying to emulate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: cover_large-1.jpg (79 KB, 336x394) Image search: [Google]
cover_large-1.jpg
79 KB, 336x394
Anyone have experience with PCengine isos? I am trying to emulate pic related on gba with pceAdvance, but the iso I found was 5 gigs, and there is no way any gba flashcart can work with a file that big. Is most of the iso just padding that can be trimmed? If so what program would you use for that?
>>
>>3356861
I have no idea what you're doing, its impossible for it to be 5gb, since pc-engine CDs would be like 700mb max.
>>
>>3356878
You're right. I got confused. The file is a near 700 MB .bin. I also found the game as 43 "tracks," which in total were around 48 MB, but I'm at a loss for what to do with them
>>
>>3356861
>>3356878
I bet his program to write files to his gba flashcart calculates the file(iso) size to Bit, pretty normal for those carts.
So 700mb would be 5600mbit == 5,6gigabit.
Anyway still way too large for all known gba carts.
>>
>>3356896
Ok i correct myself, seems like there are already way bigger flashcards around nowadays (EZ3) which could handle that.
>>
Why are you trying to emulate this on the Game Boy Advance? Just use Ootake, get the right bios and System Card files, and mount the CUE on a virtual drive. I can't imagine the GBA's different resolution and sound capabilities being particularly kind to a console game from the 80s.
>>
>>3356861
the trurip is 673.9 mb
>>
>>3356861
>ISO
>>
>>3356861
So summer is officially here. Hows the weather on the subcontinent?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.