[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
R-Type
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: r-type.jpg (169 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
r-type.jpg
169 KB, 900x600
So /vr/, what's your opinion on the R-Type series?

Feel free to discuss shoot em ups in general and other games made by Irem as well.
>>
>>3355903
I played the TG16 R-Type on the Wii Virtual Console about seven or eight years ago and thought it was pretty hard. I think I made it to level 5 or 6.Quite satisfying though. I think I liked it better than other shooters I'd played.
>>
File: lewd r-type fan fiction.png (49 KB, 839x600) Image search: [Google]
lewd r-type fan fiction.png
49 KB, 839x600
>>
The classic R-Type games are pretty slow but I love R-Type Final.
>>
>>3355903
I liked it. Looked good, fun, easy to figure out and memorize.

>>3355915
Good shitty memorizer
>>
I love R-type Leo.
>>
>>3355903
Quality shit.
>>
>>3355903
one of the first shoot em ups i ever played. it was on the atari st on a pirate disk. music was great!
>>
I hate it because it's too hard and I can't make it run on my Wii

It is fun though
>>
>>3356065
Final was a really somber way to end the series. At least you could free the cerberus from the bydo dimension. R-type 3 and Delta are the best in the series though. Overall it's my favorite horizontal scrolling shooter.
>>
Final is slow, boring garbage.
>>
1, 2 (and Super), Leo, 3 and Delta are fucking great, but Final is complete crap. Uninspired stages and uninspired bosses (except the first stage's boss). It seemed like they had to make another R-Type but didn't have any ideas left. Dobkeratops battle was lame. It's supposed to be most iconic R-Type boss, and they fucked it up so badly.

Neo-Geo's Pulstar is great also. It's 100% R-Type game, just without R-Type name. It even had some same enemies and weapons, as R-Type series. And if I remember correctly it was done by ex- IREM members who did the original 2 R-Types.
>>
HOW ABOUT DAT MUSIC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypA2yQqLZAM

HOW ABOUT DAT CHARGE BEAM

DOSE FORCE UNITS

THE FUCKING HYPER MODE FROM THE THIRD LIGHTNING

Damn, R type is a cool series but holy shit it has some depressing lore
>>
>>3358671
>holy shit it has some depressing lore
Tell me more. Never bothered to read it.
>>
>>3358228
>too hard
Top kek kid. It's all about learning patterns. I used to play blindfolded to demonstrate this. Only hard if you're an underage with goldfish tier memory.
>>
>>3355903
Looks beautiful.
Sounds great.
Plays lots of fun.
Is fucking hard if you're not 100% into it.
Makes you fucking mad when you die and it throws you back to the beginning of the level.

Classic game. Not my cup of tea.
>>
>>3355903
One of the first shmups I ever remember playing was R-Type on a buddy's Amiga. I didn't learn the name until a few years later. All I remembered was the stage where you slowly move around a giant spacecraft doing damage to parts of it as you move around.

Fun as all hell though.
>>
R R R R... R R-TYPE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NrmaVKWjVM&list=PL84DkOBzs_Um_cnfciZ1uoKY3u2lrjh0A
>>
File: DobII.jpg (75 KB, 593x314) Image search: [Google]
DobII.jpg
75 KB, 593x314
>>
>>3358701
Let's just say that everything you do is to delay the inevitable, bydo are too overpowered by sci-fi standards
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.