[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /vr/ I want to collect sega cd games but I want to know how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Popful_Mail_(Sega_CD)_34.gif (9 KB, 320x224) Image search: [Google]
Popful_Mail_(Sega_CD)_34.gif
9 KB, 320x224
So /vr/ I want to collect sega cd games but I want to know how to tell the difference between a real and a fake. Really want to get games like popful mail and shining force cd
>>
No real way to tell with SEGA CD. Same with Turbo CD.
But I'm not aware of anyone that had an actual batch of CDs made. Consumer CDR shit is easy to spot.
>>
File: tumblr_mso33jrXea1sgux2ao8_1280.png (167 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mso33jrXea1sgux2ao8_1280.png
167 KB, 800x600
>>3353343
>Really want to get games like popful mail and shining force cd

How ya got some dosh. Honestly unless you're already famliar with the games and want them for sentimental reasons, Id advice against collecting and just emulate.

I love the hell outta Mail but it is not cheap.
>>
>>3353350
I have the money I just like owning and playing vidya on their original hardware. Not gonna go full autismo and get case and manual disc is just fine for me.
>>
>>3353368
>vidya on their original hardware.
PC-8801MC?
>>
>>3353343
just save your money. you can just burn sega cd. theres no copy right protection. the good games on sega cd are over priced as shit any way. just save yourself the $400 for that loose snatcher cd and just burn it.
>>
>>3353343
If they come with the case and manual, then you can be relatively certain it's real. Unfortunately, that will probably double or triple the cost. You're better off just buying a stack of CD-Rs and making your own.

>>3353349
There was a shithead on ebay a while back that was selling blank discs with the Snatcher disc art printed on them. I can't comment on the quality, though.
>>
>>3353368
Why not burn the discs then? Sega CD has no copy protection. You're just getting the disc anyway.
>>
>>3353343
If the disc says CD-R it's fake

>>3353383
>babies don't know about my...
>not knowing babies don't know about my...
>>
>>3353594
I think he still wants the actual disc.
>>
>>3355649

yeah but it's not really "Collecting" if you don't a CIB one.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.