[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone know where I can find a modchip for the Sega Saturn?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Sega Saturn.jpg (30 KB, 700x499) Image search: [Google]
Sega Saturn.jpg
30 KB, 700x499
Does anyone know where I can find a modchip for the Sega Saturn?

Of the two websites that I knew that sold them, one went out of business and the other had to stop listing them on their website due to threats from Paypal, and I have no idea if they have any left.
>>
>>3353007
>the other had to stop listing them on their website due to threats from Paypal,

If you mean rob webb, he had to stop listing them *in public*. That does not mean he is not still selling them, however.

Just send him a mail and ask about it, he always had them in stock when I asked.
>>
>>3353019
I'll shoot him an email then. I've been meaning to get my Saturn modded for a long time. The game prices are the main reason I haven't been playing it much.
>>
>>3353007
Why don`t you just mod your action replay cart and use Psuedo Saturn ?
>>
Swap trick.

>boohoo it broke my saturn
Been using it forever and saturn still works great. You can do it without beimg that rough.
>>
>>3353056
I could but I feel iffy about it, mainly because I'd lose some of the features of the Action Replay from what I understand. Modchip is a slightly more straigtforward solution, at least for someone like me who has done a fair bit of console modding.
>>
>>3353189
>some of the features of the Action Replay from what I understand
Like backing up your saves to it, even though AR saves get corrupted easily?
Just install Pseudo Saturn and get official backup save cartridge, it's cheap.
>>
>>3353056
Different anon here. If I have a friend with a modded Sega Saturn, can I put pseudo saturn on my Gameshark on his machine and thus bypass the swap trick?
>>
>>3353353
If I'm running Pseudo Saturn and a separate save cart, that's a lot of swapping in the cartridge slot. I'd rather avoid abusing that thing as much as possible.
>>
>>3353375
The Gameshark is not the best option for the Saturn-- it has a thicker PCB and connector strip, which can potentiall bend and damage the pins on the Saturn cart slot.
>>
>>3353067
>i've been a poor black child forever
Cool story bro. I've been playing on a modded jap console with an AR for longer.
>>
>>3353386
then get a 4in1 action replay and use pseudo saturn kai. pretty sure they have a version where you can still use the save features as long as its a 4in1.

>i can't find a 4in1
yea i know you can't.
>>
Is there any way to bypass the action replay menu so it just starts the disc
>>
>>3353619
Sure. Write your own firmware. kek.
>>
>>3353019
He should use the dnm. That would be SO COOL.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.