[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just picked this up at a flea market and boy is it fun despite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: batman.gif (31 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
batman.gif
31 KB, 240x240
Just picked this up at a flea market and boy is it fun despite being kinda busy.

Retro super hero general?
>>
>>3351092
Fuck you.
>>
>>3351110
I know. A lot of people here dont like 'capeshit' but there are definitely some good super hero games. Batman on the NES and the X-Men games on the sega genesis stand out.
>>
File: Kuso Thread Award.png (17 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
Kuso Thread Award.png
17 KB, 250x188
>dae le belt scrollers xD
>>
>>3351092
Oh boy I didn't know about this thing and it sure looks interesting, Going to youtube now, I bet ther's lots of vids I can watch to get to know the game better.
>>
File: 1433107622758.png (21 KB, 733x574) Image search: [Google]
1433107622758.png
21 KB, 733x574
>it's a "let's create a thread about the game that an e-celeb latest put on air" episode
>>
This should at least please our resident Sega fanboys who hate Cinemassacre for being nintendo fanboys. It's nice that they're giving the Saturn some love.

Also this game is gonna go to hell in price at eBay now.
>>
>>3351092
there's some fun ones out there. I remember getting this at k-mart for $5-$10 20yrs ago from a bin full of loose carts when I was 8-9. It plays like contra and the music is really great. Has mini boss stages, u switch through 2 characters, hawkeye has directional attacks, Cap can block bullets, do a ground pound with shield, dash, throw, 4 directional block.
>>
>>3351516
gamestop added sega saturn to their retro section. Only item still in stock was nights.... Dragoon saga was going for $250, sold out probably first.

now that shit is on ebay with 200% inflation.
>>
>>3351110
>>3351125
>>3351324
>le let's stiffle discussion for no reason other than being an insufferable prick
>>
>>3351092
How much did you pay? I always wanted it but I can't get it cheaper than $109.99. Sucks man.
>>
>>3351606
Got for 50 bucks my man. Couldnt pass up the opportunity.
>>
All cinemassacre hate/trolling aside, I enjoy this game quite a bit. Unlike the other batman forever games, it's enjoyably bad.
>>
>>3351556

This game sucks.

Castlevania 1 and 3 are great classic Nintendo games, but for Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest, the game designers obviously were not thinking straight. At first it seems like a pretty decent game, a little different from the first in the series but, that's okay. Zelda 2 was different from the first, Mario 2 was different, but they were all good.

The first thing that's strikingly different is the fact that you have to go through towns, talk to people and buy stuff. I never really minded that, it makes it a little more like an adventure story and it's kinda like Zelda, so that's okay. But the first problem comes in when it changes from day to night.
>>
>>3351116
Its because its the james and mike monday vid.
>>
>>3351526
It was so weird when places like Kmart were selling used games.
>>
There's a surprisingly low amount of bad Batman games. The two on NES are great, Adventures of on SNES is fantastic, the Genesis version people really love but I didn't, but that's ok. Forever you can say it's bad but in all honesty it looks pretty good with the digitized sprites. They just made it really difficulty and enemies had too much life. Just go into versus mode with someone else and you have Mortal Kombat with Batman skins which is cool.
>>
>>3351516
They were still shitting on the Saturn dork
>>
>James has no idea who Bryan Cranston is

Shit I don't even watch TV at all and you can't get away from this guy the last 6 years. Is James living under a literal rock? For a guy so into the filming industry this was a real surprise.
>>
>>3354226
I can get he's not into tv but shit. Cranston was in Breaking Bad AND Malcolm in the Middle. Surprised me too
>>
>>3354226
James is not as smart as folks seem to think he is.
He has a TON of knowledge on a very specific subject. Monster movies from the 40-70s.
He's like a doctor who specializes in one area and doesn't learn anything else except that.
>>
>>3354817
I don't see how James could be such a huge film buff and have never even seen a single episode of breaking bad. Does he just dismiss TV as not ever being as good as movies? Because there have been far better dramactic storytelling coming from TV than from movies for the past decade or so.
>>
>>3354127

No?
Mike even said he thought the game was awesome, "bad" but awesome. And they mentioned again how the SNES game was shit. That should please your segaboy, nintendo-hateboner.
>>
>>3357038
>implying i'm a segaboy
this is why console wars are still a thing
>>
>>3351092
It was pretty much a cheap MK knockoff where Batman could get chainsawed in the balls. It's not a good game but it's hardly unplayable.
>>
>>3351526
Looks like Hawkeye is scared as shit.
>>
File: heavy-barrel-usa.png (291 KB, 360x500) Image search: [Google]
heavy-barrel-usa.png
291 KB, 360x500
One million internets says that OP will find pic related on a flea market within 24 hours, and make a thread to discuss it.
>>
>>3359045
Aaaaand like fucking clockwork this game has shot up from around 10 bucks to 20-30. God fucking damnit, it's like skykid all over again.
>>
File: ME0000779356_2.jpg (582 KB, 800x1126) Image search: [Google]
ME0000779356_2.jpg
582 KB, 800x1126
>>3351092

What a coincidence, I finished this one recently, having never finished it in my childhood because it was too hard.

It was a super satisfying experience :)
>>
>>3359102
If you were really interested in it you would've bought it already instead of waiting for Cinemassacre to review before suddenly wanting it. Good job proving you're one of James' followers despite trying to make it look otherwise.
>>
>>3359291
>implying I'm trying to flaunt some kind of status when I'm anonymous

Yeah, that makes sense. I've owned both those games for a while, looking up sold listings isn't exactly difficult.
>>
>>3359607
post time stamped pics of the games
>>
>>3359613
I'm at work anon :^)
>>
>>3359621
Post timestamped pics first thing when you get home then.
>>
Oh look.
>>3359647
>>
>>3359621

Still at work?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.