[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
in the German version of the Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: descarga (6).jpg (9 KB, 245x183) Image search: [Google]
descarga (6).jpg
9 KB, 245x183
in the German version of the Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Nintendo 64 carpenters are called paul, ringo, john george and grabbing parodies the beatles
>>
>>3350575
Nintendo originality ladies and gents.
>>
File: Zelda-Links-Awakening.jpg (34 KB, 411x359) Image search: [Google]
Zelda-Links-Awakening.jpg
34 KB, 411x359
>>
File: OoT_Carpenter1.png (14 KB, 100x120) Image search: [Google]
OoT_Carpenter1.png
14 KB, 100x120
So these guys were gay, right?

The rumors in-game are that Gerudo women capture men every so often to carry on their race. But the Gerudo captors, upon your beating them, say "these guys were of no use to us anyway"

Then they run like this
>>
>>3350583

No, they even say how they were interested in Gerudo women or someting, but Gerudo girls are only interested on Ganon, their alpha male.

Well, and Link because he's a handsome bishie.
>>
>>3350593
No, people in castle town straight up say, if you talk to them wearing the Gerudo mask, that there are stories of Gerudo sneaking into town and kidnapping men

There's nothing in-game about Gerudo only having eyes for Ganon or Link or whatever, that's your head canon
>>
>>3350603
The town's people don't say anything about kidnapping men. There is a statue outside the Temple of Time which states that they come in to town to look for boyfriends - but nothing about kidnapping men. The carpenters were put in prison because they were sick of repairing the bridge and they had tried to join the Gerudo. Being exclusively female tribe they could not allow men to join, so they threw them in prison for trespassing on their territory. Same reason why Link gets thrown in jail as soon as he is spotted before he gets the passcard.
>>
>>3350593
Isn't ganondorf like related to all of them?
>>
>>3350583
>Then they run like this
Nice animated GIF there. Very illustrative of their gait.
>>
>>3350578
They didn't translate it.
>>
>>3350581
It's really strange that out of all ports, German Link's Awakening is the uncensored one.
>>
>>3353698
I think they treat sex different from violence.
>>
>>3350583
I recall seeing something about kid Link going into Gerudo Valley and save the carpenters, which is why they call Link a "cute kid" but it was cut from the final version of the game
>>
>>3350583
fuck no.
they said they wanted to join the pirates and gerudos to start over and fuck bitches all day.
>>
>>3353698
>German Link's Awakening is the uncensored one.
It's not 'uncensored' if they add in OC donut steel dick jokes.
>>
>>3350583
>So these guys were gay, right?
Yes. It's really blatant in the original Japanese text but toned down in the overseas localizations.

All the carpenters except the leader speak with okama/onee mannerisms, which makes it pretty clear by itself. It's been a while so I'm paraphrasing, but the carpenters also state that they ran off to the Gerudo city to live among like-minded souls, but were captured by the Gerudo women who only saw them as men.

I guess Nintendo decided it was a bit too much for the west to handle.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.