[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this so expensive when it apparently sold very well? Shouldn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: Vpbox.jpg (116 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
Vpbox.jpg
116 KB, 256x256
Why is this so expensive when it apparently sold very well? Shouldn't copies be easier to find?
>>
What world do you live in where old copies of popular and highly-selling games go for affordable rates on the secondhand market? Because surely it isn't this world.
>>
The PS1 version of VP sold roughly 710,000 copies worldwide, and 636,000 of those were sold in Japan. Which means the total US print run was somewhere around 75,000.

On top of that, it was reprinted at least twice in Japan, under the PSOne Books and Ultimate Hits labels, while the US never got a reprint.
>>
just burn a CD-R
>>
fuck me... I used to have so many old, rare games! Why did I ever sell Valkyrie Profile? I used to have FF3 and Chrono Trigger on SNES, Symphony of the night and Magic Knight Rayearth on Saturn... so stupid
>>
lol i remember funco land had one copy of this for like a year for $18 after PS2 came out and I kept thinking "Man, that's too much for a PS1 game!"

good thing I can just burn the game these days.
>>
>>3350556
>Why is this so expensive when it apparently sold very well? Shouldn't copies be easier to find?
The number of copies sold and the number of copies for sale are not related. In particular if people like a game

>>3350719
>Why did I ever sell Valkyrie Profile?
you were not playing it and wanted the money more than the game

>so stupid
are you playing games, or gambling on their market value?
>>
>>3350817
Does this work with PS3s? Can I burn a PS1 game and play it like a legit copy of a game?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.