[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Game boy color
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 9
File: project-s-11_09.png (7 KB, 320x288) Image search: [Google]
project-s-11_09.png
7 KB, 320x288
So I kinda missed out on the GBC back in the day, what are some good games for it other than the obvious? (Zelda, etc)

Just got project s-11 and been loving it.
>>
File: Harry Potter.jpg (17 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
Harry Potter.jpg
17 KB, 240x240
>>3350415
Does this one count as obvious? The game and its sequels often gets praised here. A good option if you like RPGs with a lot of exploration.
>>
File: warlocked-u-c_78.png (9 KB, 320x288) Image search: [Google]
warlocked-u-c_78.png
9 KB, 320x288
Warlocked is a cool little RTS.
>>
File: 0312321.jpg (55 KB, 620x444) Image search: [Google]
0312321.jpg
55 KB, 620x444
The GBC version of Daikatana is a surprisingly competent zelda clone.
>>
Survival Kids
Metal Gear Solid
Dragon Warrior III
Lufia: The Legend Returns
>>
File: Crocky GBC.jpg (114 KB, 1440x1296) Image search: [Google]
Crocky GBC.jpg
114 KB, 1440x1296
>>3350447
The rats at gringots...

Anyway, Croc 2 was a pretty solid platformer on the GBC, although I still prefer Zelda Oracle of Seasons
>>
>>3350530
>Metal Gear Solid
this tbqh
>>
If you like that also check out SWIV with similar kick as music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u45fk1pBdJc

A favorite of mine that nobody talks about is Aliens: Thanatos Encounter. A slow top-down run'n'gun that could be called a horror game.
>>
File: Metal_walker_cover.jpg (23 KB, 250x252) Image search: [Google]
Metal_walker_cover.jpg
23 KB, 250x252
>>3350530
>>3350554
Thirding MGS Ghost Babel, but given that it's one of the best games on the system it should be considered obvious by now.

My recommendation for today is Metal Walker. A neat little robot based RPG with a fun battle mechanic.
>>
File: KonamiGBCollection.jpg (89 KB, 640x633) Image search: [Google]
KonamiGBCollection.jpg
89 KB, 640x633
The Konami GB Collections, especially vol. 3 due to the Goemon game.

Only released in Europe but Gameboy is region free.

I also second Metal Gear Solid Ghost Babel.
>>
>>3350538
>The rats at gringots...

Ha, those were like a stronger version of the Zubats in Pokemon. Every game has its bastards, I guess.
>>
File: download.jpg (19 KB, 237x213) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
19 KB, 237x213
Anyone played return of the ninja? Supposed to be natsume's sequel to shadow of the ninja, but what few reviews I've found of it have said its either brilliant or terrible
>>
Papyrus is a nice platformers with fluid animations.
Merlin if you are looking for a fantasy run n gun.

>>3353270
Found it to be okay. Didn't bother finishing it.
>>
>>3353270
Are you the same anon that posted Shadow of the Ninja on that underrated games thread? If so, thanks for the suggestion, I really enjoyed it.

I'll probably look forward to the one in your pic.
>>
File: file.jpg (536 KB, 1024x678) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
536 KB, 1024x678
It's always been my understanding that not a lot of games took advantage the increased capabilities of the GBC with the original Gameboy still being wildly popular. The GBC also had a much shorter lifespan than the Gameboy
>>
>>3351929
Thank heavens they only appear at a specific part of the game unlike zubats
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGa_OAZFY3g
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.