[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HYDRO CORN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4096x3312) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4096x3312
HYDRO CORN
>>
>>3348761
I genuinely liked Richter's English dub. Guy sounded like he was ready to whip some ass.
>>
I liked the voice acting, it reminds me of the voiceovers in legends of the hidden temple that had people speaking during olmec's explanations of the storyline of the episode and the artifact in question. Namely and especially Dracula's voice acting.
>>
>>3348793

Unlike the Resident Evil dub, he actually worked here. his quieter moments with Maria and Alucard in their endings worked pretty well too.

Still, to this day I catch myself saying AWESOME; YOU ARE MIGHTY INDEED at stupid shit for no reason.
>>
File: HYDRO KORN.gif (1 MB, 431x324) Image search: [Google]
HYDRO KORN.gif
1 MB, 431x324
>>
>>3348886
Personally I love Dracula's voice. It's corny, but booming a villainous way.
>FAREWELL MY SON
>>
>>3349014
Scott McCulloch probably had the best acting chops of the group; he has just the right amount of ham needed for Dracula.
>>
>>3349014
Don't forget his smug tone when he said

>Perhaps the same could be said of all religions
>>
>>3349014
>>LISA--FOR-GIVE MEE!

I unironically have always loved the voice acting. As a kid, I thought it was "The right way to sound" for this sort of environment. Growing up I now understand what ham is, and how tone should be used, but I still think everyone did great for this game. Maria I think had some weak-ish moments personally but overall still think it's great.

It helps that I always thought the writing was pretty good too, in general.
>>
>>3349060
Also considering it came out in 97 the voice acting could have been way worse compared to a lot of other Japanese games with English dubs.
>>
Is symphony of the night the greatest game ever made?
>>
Blew my mind the other day when I read that Chris and Richter's dub VA passed away back in 2000, or something. I had no idea.

Richter's voice acting was decent, but I always liked Dracula's dub voice.
>>
>>3349321

>>3349060
The writing is pretty decent, but Jeremy Blaustein is a bit of a dick who thinks he was the sole reason the game's dialog is remembered and gives no credit to any of the cast for making his cheesy ass dialog work.

also
>McCulloch was Richter
Wait what, I would swear to god both the game and IMDB both listed him as Drac. Like for fucking years. The hell.
>>
>>3348761
Playing SOTN for the first time recently and just got to the inverted castle. Really enjoying this game.
>>
It saddens me that there are people in this world who think the dub on this game is "too hammy" or just plain bad. People who've never seen a Hammer Horror film and don't realise that over-dramatic and bombastic delivery is exactly what's needed for a gothic horror themed game.
>>
File: wakamoto.jpg (114 KB, 500x460) Image search: [Google]
wakamoto.jpg
114 KB, 500x460
>>3351331

or you could just play the subbed psp version with Norio Wakamoto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG6xJPFoxnU
>>
>>3348798
Those voiceovers were so ridiculous.
>>
I love this game so much.
>>
>>3348761
>Die monster! You don't belong in this world!

It was not by my hands I am once again given flesh, I was called here by HUMANS who wish to pay ME TRIBUTE<

>TRIBUTE?! You steal mens' souls and make them your slaves!

Perhaps the same could be said of all religions<

>Your words are as empty as your soul, mankind ill needs a savior such as you!

What is a man? A MISERABLE LITTLE PILE OF SECRETS!!<

BUT ENOUGH TALK<

HAVE AT YOU<
>>
File: fedorasareawesome.jpg (34 KB, 426x284) Image search: [Google]
fedorasareawesome.jpg
34 KB, 426x284
>>3354034
>Perhaps the same could be said of all religions<
>>
>>3354034
Sometimes this dialog just pop in my head and also:

< Ah Alucard what's your business here?...
>>
>>3348761
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OVv-J-LXQU
>>
>>3355512
>Wait a moment...
>You seem human, and yet...
>What do you here?
>>
the only line in the whole game that throws me off is the fucking
>darkling, you're a vampire?
line after you get done whipping the succubus ass and is presumably dying. Shit just seems so out of no where.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 466x505) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 466x505
If this game wasn't so piss easy it'd be one of the best games ever made.

Progression isn't satisfying
>>
>>3356102
I reckon it was fine during most of the main castle. You do get pretty overpowered by the time you're at the inverted castle, though.
>>
>>3356102
As an adult I sorta like it though. You're the son of Dracula you're supposed to be OP as fuck.

But I do agree it'd be a welcome addition to have a difficulty setting.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.