[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Chaos Engine/Solders Of Fortune
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1-ChaosEngineTitle[1].png (260 KB, 513x451) Image search: [Google]
1-ChaosEngineTitle[1].png
260 KB, 513x451
Who likes this game? The best Bitmap Bros game IMO. Having been a big fan of the Xenon games as a kid, somehow this always passed me by (though I knew of its existence and thought it looked good). I've only been playing it a short while but I'm having loads of fun.

Nice difficulty curve, great action, sweet graphics and a cool soundtrack. It's on plenty of formats too - I prefer the Megadrive version (despite usually being more of a SNES fan).
>>
It's promising, up until near the end, when it just turns to shit. Can be fun with friends, but it actually makes it harder since you have to split loot.
>>
The best Bitmap Brothers game is Gods.
>>
I guess this was inspired by Alien Breed?
>>
>>3348163

Into

the wonderful
>>
>>3348182
I always considered it more of a Gauntlet clone. You could be right though.
>>
Friend had this when I was a kid. This and Battletech were our go-to co-op games. Haven't played it in years but you've brought back some memories, OP.
>>
It's a bit short though. Would one more world have broken the bank?
>>
Food

Special Power

Node Activated

Level Complete
>>
>>3349127
>Special Power
>Node Activated
You forgot Special Activated.

Also, on the Megadrive version he sounds like Walder Frey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVw8gWhNQis
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=547c2KElkT8
The Amiga version is the best version.
>>
>>3349657
That's good actually. The music is better and the status indicator isn't over the display.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.