[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
your opinion on genocide city zone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 986x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 986x750
your opinion on genocide city zone
>>
>>3347904
The gas chambers were a bit much
>>
I liked the part with the ovens.
>>
I prefer Cyber City Zone.
>>
>>3347904
Genocide City didn't really happen.
>>
File: image.jpg (154 KB, 979x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154 KB, 979x750
>>
>>3347971
What do you think Eggman does with all the animals he won't need to power his robots?
>>
Probably the most awesome name for a level in a kid's game. A city so renowned for genocide that it was literally named Genocide City. That's insane.
>>
I don't care about cut levels in non deepest lore games.

>>3348087
Why did they rip the hanging skellingtons from the room below Moldorm in links awakening?
>>
>>3348167
It sounds like a place Kenshiro would go to.
>>
>>3347904
That romhack had the most boring looking art design for "genocide city". Its level design was shit, too.
>>
>>3348150
Sticks them in the container.
>>
>>3349041
It's actually the unreleased fourth Violence Jack OVA. Violence Jack: Genocide City.
>>
>>3350885
Those are the ones he'll need for more robots.
>>
I couldn't believe that Sega would make a level based on Auschwitz. Pretty edgy stuff, but hey, they pulled it off and made it tasteful. Made many Top 10 Lists and got the ball rolling on the Games are Art movement. All the way back in 1992, kudos to them.
>>
>>3347904
It was just Metropolis act 3, so it was cool.
>>
>>3353097
It was?
>>
>>3355659
Yup. Its real name was Cyber City, but was mistranslated. Cyber City eventually became Metropolis Act 3.
>>
>>3355743
how do you mistranslate cyber to genocide?
>>
>>3355769
90s nipponese translators sure are strange
>>
File: Genocide_Cutter_(Segalow).gif (23 KB, 146x165) Image search: [Google]
Genocide_Cutter_(Segalow).gif
23 KB, 146x165
>>3347904
GENCIDE CUTTAH!
>>
>>3347904
Depends, what race are they killing?
>>
>>3355769
I'm also certain that Sonic stage names have always been presented in English in-game.
>>
>>3347904
Six
Million
Rings
>>
>>3351907
Dude I was totally buying the thread before and was going to buy it after your post. Learn some subtlety, ffs! I'm disappointed now.
>>
>>3348167
>>3355743
>>3355769
>>3355774
>According to Sonic 2 level designer Tom Payne, the name "Genocide City" being chosen was due to the development team's "not quite complete grasp of the English language." During an interview with Payne, he went on to say that the team "may have been looking for a name that sounded dangerous," which resulted in the name "Genocide City" appearing in one of the Sonic 2 betas. It is now believed that Cyber City was the name conceptualized later on in order to remedy the zone's former name.
>>
>>3347904
I like the part were you beat up chinese scum for walking the wrong way

We shouldn't ever forget WWII's real genocide
>>
I like Holocaust Zone better. The music was so fuckin good and the level design was pretty warm and comfy.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.