[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I like Diablo on PS1 because the auto-targeting for spells work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 36770-Diablo_[U]-2.jpg (83 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
36770-Diablo_[U]-2.jpg
83 KB, 640x480
I like Diablo on PS1 because the auto-targeting for spells work well and you can pause to choose skills, which makes certain spells more useful.
>>
So you suck at video games.

Good to know.
>>
>>3345082
Not being as efficient as you could be because you couldn't pick a skill is artificial difficulty.

A "real" mage would just think of a spell and then cast it, he wouldn't move around a virtual menu or user interface on his mind to pick a spell.
>>
>>3345084
You get four hotkeys for spells which should be enough for spells you need to switch instantly. Selecting the rest can be quickly done during your movement.

Real wizards such as myself obviously use words of power.
>>
I like Diablo on the PS1 because it plays pretty well on the PSP.
>>
>>3345084
Where are you getting that definition of what a "real" mage would do.

Mages come in a wide range depending on the source material.

Some can cast anything they know with a thought.
Some require a "long" casting ritual.
Some must speak words.
Some need hand gestures to invoke power.
Some need a wand or staff to channel.
Some require some sort of blood sacrifice.
Some need to prepare spells before casting and then can only cast once on that preparing.
>>
Any other diablo type games I can play with a controller?
>>
>>3345307
What do you expect of such a diablo type game?
Maybe some Falcom games could fit.
>>
>>3345315
>What do you expect of such a diablo type game?
Not playing it at a desk with equipment designed for work with electronic documents?
>>
>>3345307
Not retro, but the Ravensoft Marvel games are pretty good ARPGs, especially X-Men Legends II and Ultimate Alliance
>>
>pause to use skills
What a casual.
>>
>>3345307
Blaze & Blade
>>
Why is this game so hard to get running on a modern OS
>>
>>3345307
Lunatic Dawn 3, but it's JP only, great game though.
>>
>>3345507
Because Microsoft changed DirectDraw to Direct2D.
Getting it to run shouldn't be a problem, the problem is getting the colors right.
>>
>>3345515
Does Diablo run in 256 or 16-bit colours?
>>
>>3345507
kill explorer before you open it
>>
>>3345507
I got a copy at a garage sale for $1. Installed and played without a hitch. Runing windows 8.1.
>>
>>3345507
Because microsoft doesnt care about breaking shit.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.