[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you like any retro vidya to cartoon/movie adaptations, /vr/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: sam-and-max.jpg (35 KB, 500x405) Image search: [Google]
sam-and-max.jpg
35 KB, 500x405
Do you like any retro vidya to cartoon/movie adaptations, /vr/?
>>
I'm not ashamed to say I actually like the Zelda cartoon. I just don't like that Link looks and sounds like Stormy from Sealab 2021.

And the best decision DiC ever made was using sound effects from the games in all of their Nintendo cartoons. I wonder why they never thought to do that with any of the Sonic cartoons?
>>
>>3344540
>I wonder why they never thought to do that with any of the Sonic cartoons?
Even stranger, in one episode of AoStH, Sonic goes into a special stage and grabs rings, but the rings make this weird popping sound instead of the actual sound effect.
>>
>>3344564
Now that you mention it, there was an episode with a giant pinball machine in it, which easily could have been a spinball tie in, but it wasn't, and it used a bunch of Mario sound effects.
>>
BATTLETOADS
>>
>>3344573

>Character designs and scenery like something from the cover of a heavy metal album

>Better make the theme song some weird Surfin' USA style
>>
The EWJ cartoon is literally perfection but they never made anymore episodes. I'm still saddened by this.

let me direct the next Jim game, I won't let you down
>>
>>3344498
Sam & Max were a comic first I think.
>>
>>3344579
I'm one of the very few people who actually liked EWJ3D... except for the boss battles of course. Those were horseshit.
>>
Sonic cartoons were the shit before X came along.

If anime counts, I actually like the Chrono Trigger OVA.
>>
>>3344608
>I think
They were, how the hell can you not be well aware of that by now?!
>>
>>3345029
>Sonic cartoons were the shit before X came along
>If anime counts
But Sonic X is an anime. And it had pic related so it wasn't all bad. Sonic Underground was worst Sonic.
>>
File: SMBmovie.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
SMBmovie.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
I like Super Mario Brothers: Cyberpunk Dystopia edition
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 680x583) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 680x583
The Donkey Kong Country cartoon is fucking hilarious (in the piss-takey YouTube Poop way), and some of the songs are really catchy.

http://youtu.be/WXY5f8I_dvc

If we're talking anime, the Zillion animation was pretty good too.
>>
First Mortal Kombat movie is still great, but the movie kinda fizzles out halfway through.
>>
File: 1446994382201.jpg (9 KB, 137x137) Image search: [Google]
1446994382201.jpg
9 KB, 137x137
>>3344498
Donkey Kong Country & OG Sonic cartoon are the GOAT
>>
>>3345059
Because I didn't google it when I was typing that post and only heard about that once so I wasn't sure.
>>
>>3345216
Sonic OVA > Adventures > Boom > SATAM > Underground >>>> X
>>
>>3345476
>Boom above SatAM
I bet you don't even consider the Sonic episode of Sega Hard Girls to be a Sonic cartoon, you fucking heretic.
>>
Sonic X did the impossible. It managed to make the plot of the Adventure games even worse.
>>
>>3345570
Satam was trash. At least Boom has a decent Eggman.
>>
>>3345476

The OVA was fucking stupid, people only like it because it's eye candy.
>>
>>3344540
>And the best decision DiC ever made
Are you sure that wasn't Nintendo insisting on that being in the contract or something?
>>
>>3345216
>implying cartoons and anime are not the same thing.
>>
File: KATANA_FINAL_3K_02.jpg (625 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
KATANA_FINAL_3K_02.jpg
625 KB, 3000x1688
>>3346048
>Nihonimation
>painted by superior artists using ancient techniques then folding the film over a million times, voice and music performed by some of the greatest vocalists of our time

>american "cartoons"
>painted with ketchup by a retarded intern, voice and song by Tara Strong and whoever else happened to be at the studio at the moment
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.