[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone been to a barcade? I went to one that opened recently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 20160705_185430_resized.jpg (101 KB, 900x1600) Image search: [Google]
20160705_185430_resized.jpg
101 KB, 900x1600
Anyone been to a barcade? I went to one that opened recently when visiting my hometown. I thought it was a lot of fun, getting trashed on cheap beer and playing X-Men Arcade with three friends and a random guy is a blast.
I'm probably going to buy a copy of Joust for one of my consoles (and maybe an arcade stick) to fulfill the new addiction gained from playing it with a bud.
My only issue was that there was only one CRT with consoles attached, so despite having quite a few food consoles and games attached to it the thing was on constant Smash 64 duty.
>>
*a few good consoles
>>
ya went to one in manhattan last month

was fun getting shitty playing outrun, puzzle bobble, moonwalker, etc. i was already pretty lit when i got there.
>>
>>3341018
I'll probably get crucified for this, but I'd never seen an Outrun cabinet before I went. It had rumble when going off-road, pretty cool.

My buddy and I got into a pretty serious rivalry playing Asteroid, too.
>>
>>3341219
Asteroids is pretty cool on a real vector graphics screen in a dimly lit room. The shots from your ship are so bright they look hot to touch.
>>
>>3341219
i think outrun is boring. outrunners is way better.
>>
>>3340983

My small town has one but I don't really drink so I'm never there.

What I will say is that they take better care of their machines than any arcade I've been to in the last fifteen years.
>>
>>3340983
I've been to barcades but never really seen a good one. On top of that, for the most part I don't like mixing gaming and drinking.
Want to see a funny "kids react" thing? Watch the replies to this post as millennial edgelords who can't into reading comprehension say the stupidest things. It happens every fucking time.

I wouldn't bother with Joust on a console. Mame is the way to go for that.

>>3341857
I liked outrun. That and chase hq were probably my favorite. Outruners was better. Sure. Half a decade will do that for you. Especially in that period. Power drift was also pretty good but not really my thing for some reason. Some of my mates really loved it though.
>>
>>3342148
>I wouldn't bother with Joust on a console.
Why? Are the ports bad? I saw NES carts online for like two bucks.
>>
I like them, we always try and think up drinking games to play. None in my town though :(
>>
i go to the original barcade in brooklyn, it's great
>>
>>3342824
Ports range from inaccurate to hold your nose so the puke doesn't come out there. Mame ranges from perfect and free to perfect and free.
Your call.
>>
>>3343384
At present I don't have anything MAME-capable that can also hook up to my CRT. I do have a number of consoles already hooked up to it though.
>>
>>3342148
ya nbd i wasn't born until 86 and outrun was not one of the games i had growing up on master system

then i saw outrunners at a place to rent games (upstate ny) in the 90s and played it and fell in love. then i moved out to washington state and there was an outrunners 2 person seated arcade we played. so outrunners always has a special place for me.
>>
>>3343412
pc crt + mame + arcade stick is probably the best vidya decision I have ever made . The other guy is right, do not bother with arcade ports, I mean they are still fun and all, but they are just a watered down experience and will not look good on a regular crt tv
>>
>>3343412
I assume you have a wallet with 30 bucks in it. How much were you planning on spending on a cart with one shitty arcade port?
>>
>>3340983
>barcade

Please keep your addiction out of my hobby, thank you.
>>
>>3343998
Maybe when I finish building my desktop I'll put it in the same room as my retro area.
Now here's the next question: what's the best PC arcade stick on the market?

>>3344005
Joust is like two bucks mon ami.

>>3344014
Water all day erry day amirite?
>>
>>3344869
>Joust is like two bucks
Then you're overpaying for a shitty port. Give it a try if you like but there's nothing like the real thing.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.