[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"Dude instead of a battery back up save that keeps your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: smb3 nes.jpg (90 KB, 640x912) Image search: [Google]
smb3 nes.jpg
90 KB, 640x912
>"Dude instead of a battery back up save that keeps your world progress and all your items, let's just force the players to find warp whistles instead."

ITT: Times when game companies put on their yamaka hats
>>
get good
>>
>Needing more than one session to beat a Mario game
Git gud, Faggot.
>>
The snes jurassic park (ocean one) doesn't have a save feature either and is a pretty long game. Kinda ruins it
>>
I've always skipped World 7
>>
>>3340982
holy fuck you a bitch made nigga lmao, people like you are the reason gaming is dying
>>
>>3340982
It's only a bad thing if you don't have much time to spend, but even then you could just pause the game and retake from where you stopped later on.
>>
I still don't understand the complaint. Back then you would sit down on a weekend and beat the fucker, you only used the whistles to skip the levels you didn't like. Once All-Stars came out, if you wanted to have a save you could, but the physics got fucked so no one cared. Now with emulation, you can save wherever you want. So what's the problem?
>>
Actually SMB3's physics are 100% the same in All-Stars. It's the first game that got fucked. If you disagree it's in your head; the engine code in AS3 is a direct copy of the NES engine code with a new coat of graphical paint and some minor level-to-level bug fixes. Physics are unchanged.
>>
>>3340982
>battery back up save
Thank god. Absolutely nothing is better than a battery powered save.
>>
>>3340982
What the fuck is a yamaka? Is that like a dragon ball character? Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>3341779
>better
You mean worse?
>>
File: GTFO.gif (35 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
GTFO.gif
35 KB, 500x500
>>3340982
>needing a save feature in SMB3
>yamaka
>>
Why would you need to save during maryo 3?

Point of the game is to learn where shit is to save the princess as fast as possible.
>>
>all these excuses
that is a long game to play thru without whistles man
>>
Just leave your NES on
>>
>>3341808
>What the fuck is a yamaka?
Wow. Just wow. A 4channer that doesn't understand a simple jewish reference.

I wish this place had no jewish jokes, but it does.

A yamaka is the little cap that most jews wear on their heads.
>>
>>3342949
>Wow. Just wow. A 4channer that doesn't understand sarcasm.
Those are spelled "yarmulke," nigger.
>>
>>3342949
>>3340982
>Wow. Just wow.
Holy shit, anon. I was calling out OP, and now you, for not even spelling the Jew-joke correctly. If you're going to be anti-semitic, at least do it right you fucking idiots.
>>3342979
This guy knows.
>>
>>3342949
>A yamaka is the little cap that most jews wear on their heads.
Oh man I read this thread under the assumption he was some retarded Japanese dude.
But Yamaka-san is actually a hat?
>>
What do you need a Buddhist scripture for, OP?
>>
>>3340982
>Dude, the 90's are just around the corner, lets make it easy for the casual babies shortcuts so they don't cry too hard.
FTFYK
Also, agree with everyone else in this thread that you need to git gud.
>>
>>3343032
>anti-semitic
A special kind of racism for God's Chosen People, yes.
>>
Back then we had no Internet and did not mind playing stage 1-1 500 times.
>>
>>3343429
"Racism" pretty much only means against black people don't you watch the news?
>>
>>3340982
I agree, they sensationalized it as a "secret" cheat to veil the fact that it didn't have a save system. Kinda funny really.
>>
>>3340982

Kill yourself
>>
>>3342949
>A yamaka is the little cap that most jews wear on their heads.
these days most of them file their horns down instead of trying to cover them
>>
>>3343436
No, it applies to Romanians too, when you point out that, unlike Poles, Czechs, etc, they are literally here just to leech benefits for their large families.
>>
>>3343436
"Racism" pretty much means anything. Like displaying your own country's flag in your own country. Don't you watch the news?

>>3343520
>file their horns down
And most do it themselves. They're too jewish to pay the village horn filer to do it for them.
>>
>>3341728
>Actually SMB3's physics are 100% the same in All-Stars
No, it's nowhere near as bad as in SMB1 but they still feel slightly off, go play SMB3 nes nonstop and then try All Stars again.

>>3343435
this
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.