[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Collectors, I need your advice. What's the most you ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: rare.jpg (81 KB, 418x585) Image search: [Google]
rare.jpg
81 KB, 418x585
Collectors, I need your advice.

What's the most you ever paid for a game?

Currently eyeing a rare 4th gen title that's $383.

It would be the last game I want to collect for this console but I mostly want it for its rarity and not its quality.

How would you play it?
>>
>>3340145
i would check if it works on flashcarts, buy one and copy the game to it, replace the plastic so it doesnt have an SDcard opening, put a new label matching the rare game and display it on my shelf

>How would you play it?
i would play it with my other flashcart
>>
Over a grand on two separate occasions. To be fair, both are the only currently documented copies to exist of their particular versions (they are almost certainly not one of a kind, though, just incredibly rare and at present are not available online).
>>
Most I've paid for a game was $400 for a CIB MUSHA. Most I've paid for anything /vr/ related was $700 for a TurboDuo that had its seal broken but arguably was never taken out of the box.
>>
>I want to collect for this console but I mostly want it for its rarity and not its quality.
r o f l

get a flash cart you fuckin sperglord hoarder
>>
>>3340145
I paid £34.99 for Shinobi III, having no box or manual. It's kind of a ripoff, I must say, but it's literally my most favorite game on the Mega Drive and nostalgia won me over, not to mention I bought it for myself on my birthday last year.

I think £60 is my absolute limit for retro games and even then it depends on the game.
>>
>>3340145
Recently got Panzer Dragoon 1, 2, and Saga all complete for $470.
>>
>>3340145
$200 for earthbound.

Personally I don't think wily wars is worth ot assuming your pic is related. They're inferior to their NES counterparts and while the new content is cool you shouldn't pay that much for it. Just my opinion, do whatever you feel is right anon.
>>3340174
That sounds really interesting anon, may I ask what games and for what platform?
>>
>>3340921
Thats just shitty lol. Fuck collecting. Stealing is where its at. I hope Metal Jesus makes a video about stealing overpriced retro games. I don't know where they get the money to collect any of it.
>>
>>3340947
Super Famicom, and they are pre-final prototypes of popular titles.
>>
>>3341032
I imagine they work jobs and don't blow most of it on dope.
>>
>>3340145
IDGAF about Console retro purchases. Retro PC games is what I'm interested in.
Retro consoles I save money and just emulate. OAR, no scanlines or other filters.
>>
>>3340145
I paid for a game with my ass's virginity, and that's just priceless.
>>
>>3341835
It probably improved the relationship with your stepdad though
>>
320€ for Panzer Dragoon Saga, complete with its cardboard sleeve. No regrets.
>>
>>3341725
Dude what games though?
>>
>>3340145
A few hundred each for neo geo carts.Bur they weren't retro at the time. $5 for ssb a few years back for retro. I have a lot of expensive stuff, I just didn't pay much because I bought it by the box load or at flea markets. Much of it before hipsters and bandwagon collectors fuck up the market.
I wouldn't pay that much for that game but I'm not you. If you really want it knock yourself out.
>>
>>3340145

Well, as somebody who grew up in the 4th/5th gen eras... I'd either buy the $5 replica or the $40 flashcart off of Aliexpress. I realize that the true value of a video game is only the entertainment it provides.
>>
$200 for steel battalion when it was new.
>>3340170
why not just burn a repro or have one made?>>3341845
flawless victory
>>
personally i REFUSE to pay more than funcoland circa 2001 prices for NES and SNES and genisis games, which is like A BUCK APICE, and furthermore whenever i got to the yard sale i try to jew the old grandmas out of there ill gotten games for 5 bucks for A WHOLE BOX OF LOOTY and think all these "retro" pussy retards should go shove their collectin upthere pooty holes, and implore everyone to refuse to pay overinlated hebrew prices, if everyone refused to do that and emulated and flash carted then it would burst the bubbel and make all the GREASY GREEDY RESELLER SCUMTURDS have to LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX and EAT OUT OF A DUMPSTER and wipe there BUTT WITH A PINE CONE ok that's my opinion on this site
>>
>>3342872
OP said collectors you game enjoying rational thinking pleb.
>>
>>3342920
epic
>>
>>3342920
>trying this hard to make new pasta
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.