[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUk mL8z6I2w This video is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: Wario.jpg (153 KB, 378x522) Image search: [Google]
Wario.jpg
153 KB, 378x522
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUkmL8z6I2w
This video is the most ininformed Bullshit I've ever seen, how on earth is the person behind this fucking popular? How do people actually believe this shit?
>>
>>3338503
>ininformed

Not going to bother watching whatever youtube video got your panties in a twist this morning, but that's pretty lol worthy.
>>
>>3338517
Ok, sorry about that, both keys are pretty close.
>>
its just a theory

a game theory
>>
>>3338591
that doesn't excuse it being shit, that's like ordering a cake, finding out it has fecal matter in it and the cake company going "but it's still a cake"
>>
>>3338503

i dont feel like giving it views, tell me what he got wrong in the video.
>>
its a theory dude
>>
>>3338503
Display resolution was actually larger on the Genesis.
>>
>>3338503
>sega genesis had backwards compatibility with the megadrive
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>3339109
They meant the power base converter or whatever it was called?
>>
>>3339013
This. Greentext the points or fuck off.
>>
>>3339123
Genesis and Megadrive are the same console though.

>he meant master system
>>
File: 1445186112767.jpg (47 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1445186112767.jpg
47 KB, 500x375
>the SNES had a higher display resolution

Let me guess, they look at some chart on the internet that showed that like 2 games used that high resolution mode, which in turn pushes your snes to the fucking limit, and the game ends up looking like shit because you don't have processing power to use anywhere else.

At least they save me the trouble of watching the rest of the video, right off the bat they announce they have no idea what they're talking about.

And honestly even if you have a clear bias, (which I do, I love the Mega Drive because it has most of the kind of games I like to play) you have to concede that this generation was a tight fucking rope, it was never this close in any other generation. If you're a reasonable person you would consider it's a draw between both. There are strengths and weaknesses in both, but both are equally excellent. If you can't honestly see that, you're just letting yourself be influenced by your own bias, so stop pretending like you're trying to be objective about it.
>>
>>3338503

This is a poorly researched piece of shit. But the 12 year olds who watch these videos don't give a fuck anyway, whats the point of trying when the majority of your audience will support you no matter how little effort you put into your videos?
>>
>>3339173
I've never understood the console wars. I had an NES and SNES as a kid, and it was awesome to go to a Genesis friend's house and play Sonic or Dick Tracy. They were different consoles with different games.
>>
>>3339130
>>3339013
>acting like the genesis had no good games
>"the genesis was backwards compatable with the mega drive"
>saying blast processing is fake
>using sega channel's online features as a plus despite the satteleview being a thing
>saying super metroid invented a genre
>even giving a shit about SNES vs. Mega Drive despite them clearly being two very different consoles, from very different companies, and for very different audiences.
>one guy yells "USA! USA! in support of the fucking SNES when that was a more japanese console than Mega Drive ever was
>it was made by Shatpat
>>
File: fhip.jpg (49 KB, 612x792) Image search: [Google]
fhip.jpg
49 KB, 612x792
>>3338503
THIS, my friend, is the SPOT ON PERFECT definition of HIPSTER

You can say whatever you want about the old fat guys on YouTube like classic game room and reviewtechusa and such, but this, this is a fucking wolf in sheep's cloth.
>>
>>3338503
That was cancerous as fuck. Fuck you op
>>
>>3338503
I turned this off fast.
Some stupid faggot wearing... What the fuck is he wearing in his house on his couch? Rambling forever?

These fucking idiots always talk about the Super Nintendo, but the Genesis had a faster processor which allowed it to do fuckloads more.
>>
>>3339571
Personally I hate the term hipster because I think it's used almost exclusively as a way for someone to describe "a person who is not myself" but I have to agree with this anon. This guy is a total hipster who only likes this stuff because he thinks it makes him cool and unique.

The saddest part is that droves of YouTube kids (2.5 million views!) will take this guy's opinions as some sort of historical record and parrot it endlessly.
>>
File: 1364679634730.jpg (309 KB, 888x786) Image search: [Google]
1364679634730.jpg
309 KB, 888x786
>>3338503
Why do you watch clickbait and then bring it here?

blast, you goddamn nigger
>>
>>3339442
>"the genesis was backwards compatable with the mega drive"
Did he really say that? That's retarded.

>saying blast processing is fake
But it is fake, anon. It was just a marketing buzzword.

>saying super metroid invented a genre
That's interesting. You'd think they would say the first Metroid did that...
>>
>>3340258
blast processing was the real faster processor in the genesis
>>
>>3339273
Yeah, remember when consoles were actually different and not just underpowered PCs with a couple """exclusives""" sprinkled here and there. I guess the closest we get now is PS4/Xbone vs. Wii U, but the latter isn't even in the running.
>>
>>3340258
>But it is fake, anon. It was just a marketing buzzword.
Nah, it's a real thing. It refers to how fast the Megadrive's RAM is.
>>
>>3340270
It was literally MADE UP by the press after a dev mentioned unique ways the Megadrive could process data.

You might as well say "the Megadrive has superlative graphics! Superlative I tells ya!"
>>
>>3340809
Nah bro the mega drive had 16 mega bits of RAM which used Sega's proprietary blast processing technology to really push it beyond what a console should be able to do, even some modern computers aren't that fast
>>
>>3338503
It's not supposed to be an end-all-be-all for SNES vs Genesis. It's a fucking joke video with a few popular points against/for each console.
>>
>>3341093
16bits of processing power.
>>
>>3341093
Dude, it's a marketing gimmick. There's no such fucking thing as "blast processing".

Nintendo were throwing around words like "Mode 7 graphics!" For their Super Nintendo - implying that their machine was capable of graphical wizardry other systems weren't.

SEGA just adopted "blast processing" as their "thing".

There's no such fucking thing as "Mode 7 graphics" either. It's all bullshit.
>>
Dont like a video. reviewer or youtube type?
Dont watch it/them and block them

Ive saved months by not watching ones I dont like
>>
>>3341181
No its 16 mega bits of RAM, some cartridges had extra mega bits in them to make the RAM even faster
>>
>>3338503
>how on earth is the person behind this fucking popular?

Are you implying that something needs to be good in order to be popular? You should be used by now to the fact that most of the shit that gets all the attention are usually crap.
>>
>>3341228
Yeah but how was I supposed to know I wouldn't like it without watching it?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.