[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Haven't seen a "Can't remember the game"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: pic.png (8 KB, 427x315) Image search: [Google]
pic.png
8 KB, 427x315
Haven't seen a "Can't remember the game" thread in the catalog, but I had this memory pop up from nowhere yesterday.

The game was probably a dos/win95/win98 children's game. What I remember from it is a grey wall that you had to click the bricks, and if you did something (wrong?) then a dragon head would pop up. Pic related is my shitty drawing of it. I remembered it with graphics as good as the prehistoric games, but I'm not sure. The color set was bright and childish. Another thing, but I could be very wrong here, is that maybe you had to solve math problems, and if you did wrong, then would the dragon pop out. Aaaand the game might have had been a boardgame-like game, with this dragon part being a minigame. I'm not sure when I played it, but while I was searching the MS Puzzle Collection games, especially the one with the colored rats made me remember playing them, so it could have been around that. I haven't found even a single picture of the dragon game on google, and I've tried every keyword combo of: dos/win95/win98, children, board, game, math, dragon, wall.

Anyone else remembers playing such?
>>
>>3340823
Thanks Anon, I was getting my hopes really down someone could help.
>>
>>3337826
Was that English game?
>>
>>3341516
I think so, but I'm not sure. I'm from Hungary, but not many software had Hungarian translations back in the day.
>>
I've been looking for a Commodore 64 game for ages.

>2D
>D&D-esque game with a puzzle that required pieces of a tiger
>Boxart may include red bricks in the background

That's all I remember
>>
There are some extremely obscure 'educational' games made with Macromedia from the early 90s, I used to have a disc with games like this, but I can't remember much else about it. Possible starting point though.
>>
File: amon05.gif (63 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
amon05.gif
63 KB, 640x480
>>3343358
Haven't found anything remotely familiar looking. However on an unrelated search I stumpled upon this pic (see pic related). I'm pretty sure I played something very familiar to this. Wait no, I'm remembering now as I type. Some machine, like the ones in childrens books. Put two coins or numbers in at the top and another came out at the bottom. I'm pretty sure it is related to the dragon game, maybe the same collection or software. I'm gonna look it up. Right, and about the game I posted, Flix Productions did not have anything with the dragon game.
>>
up
>>
>>3343458
I've got no clue about the dragon thing, but that almost sounds like one of the minigames in those old Encyclopedia software in the 90s.
>>
>>3345783
Sadly none of those loke any familiar. I'll waltz up to the attic this weekend when I get a chance, maybe we have some old CDs or Floppys laying around...
>>
File: mathgame.jpg (888 KB, 1000x669) Image search: [Google]
mathgame.jpg
888 KB, 1000x669
FOUND IT I FOUND IT I FOUND IT
Apparently mymother kept the CD all these years, and I immediately recognised a cover.

It's a Hungarian software as far as I can tell. She could have had it, because she is a kindergarten teacher. Wow! I'm gonna boot it up right now.
>>
>>3346519
NOOOOOO
The CD inside was a NFSHP2 install disc.
>>
>>3346519
I'd lay you odds you could download it from some Hungarian abandonware site.
>>
>>3346546
No, unfortunately not, but my father pirated the entire "ManĂ³" series waybackwhen.
>>
>>3346551
I googled "mano matek 1" and found torrents with the whole mano series in them.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.