[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is more fun than any modern game I've played. I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: gookman.jpg (154 KB, 1440x1052) Image search: [Google]
gookman.jpg
154 KB, 1440x1052
This is more fun than any modern game I've played. I'm not just talking about this century.

This is more fun than any, PS1,Xbox,Gamecube, PS2,360,PS3,PS4,Xbox one, Wii, Wii U, Ouya, Ios, Android game I've ever played.

My god, this is just magical.
>>
>>3337542
How many cat statues have you collected?

I was missing about four of them seeing that as soon as I got Sasuke's rocket jump I forgot to go back to the submarine. Oh well.
>>
>>3337689
context: once you go to the final level you can't come back
>>
>>3337542
>This is more fun than any, PS1

try Brave Fencer Musashi on PS1 though. they are a bit similar.
>>
>>3337542
This game also has one of my favourite video game OSTs.
>>
>>3337997
>Brave Fencer Musashi
i can't play on sony platforms. Sonyggers have left a bad taste in my mouth.
>>
>>3338361
>>3337542

Meh, OP is trying to shitpost by using Goemon. Shame on you, OP.

>>3337689

I actually never collected them all, what happens when you do?
>>
>>3337542
Never played it. What makes it special?
>>
File: goe1ad.jpg (194 KB, 620x876) Image search: [Google]
goe1ad.jpg
194 KB, 620x876
>>3338365

OP is shitposting (look at the filename and the obvious bait by mentioning non-retro consoles).

But the Goemon series in general is very cool, you should try at least the SNES games, the first one was released in english.
The N64 games are great, but emulate like shit.
>>
>>3338371
>This is more fun than any, PS1,Xbox,Gamecube, PS2,360,PS3,PS4,Xbox one, Wii, Wii U, Ouya, Ios, Android game I've ever played.

Meh, that just sounds like typical unironic /vr/ talk these days. Anyways, what kind of game is the SNES one?
>>
>>3338378

Yeah but I'm certain OP is a shitposter, the filename gives it away.
Goemon threads are some of the most civil threads on /vr/, mostly because the fanbase is small and not too vocal, we just enjoy the games and don't care for console wars. Also, Goemon games are also available on PS1, but only in japan.

Goemon games are for the most part action side-scrolling games, you can use 4 different characters as you go, visit towns, pilot a giant clockwork mechas to defeat bosses, and also has co-op multiplayer.
One of Konami's finest franchises IMO.

Really good music, too.
>>
>>3337542
It's amazing, I've admit that happily. But I've played better games on the original Xbox and the Saturn.
>>
>>3338393
>I've
I'll
>>
>>3338389
Thanks, that does sound cool. I'll check it out sometime.
>>
This game is amazing. Still one of my favourite N64 games.
I miss 3D platformers of this genre in this modern generation...
>>
>>3338361
>i can't play on sony platforms. Sonyggers have left a bad taste in my mouth.

don't be stupid. the fanbase of whatever platform shouldn't matter to you and shouldn't keep you from enjoying good games.

it's a pity if that's the case.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkH5cogHalc
>>
>>3338371
>The N64 games are great, but emulate like shit.

not anymore. Use rice or glide video codecs and have a pc/laptop made past 2007.

emulators like mupen already come with those codecs pre-installed too btw.
>>
File: 64MZee6.gif (961 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
64MZee6.gif
961 KB, 320x240
>>3337542
>Ouya
Nice shitpost, faggot.
>>
File: mazinger.jpg (94 KB, 620x420) Image search: [Google]
mazinger.jpg
94 KB, 620x420
>>3338469
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvfFIfbEHHI
>>
>>3338364
>I actually never collected them all, what happens when you do?
If you collect all the cat statues you unlock the Impact boss fight mode.

that way you can play the fights whenever you want
>>
>>3338389
KID YING AND DR YANG
>>
>>3338434
Indeed. I still enjoy a lot of Genesis, SNES and N64 games despite the majority of Segatards and Nintenyearolds being cancerous faggots.
>>
>>3338389
I'm a pretty big fan of all of the American releases. Which of the SNES sequels is worth playing?

For what it's worth, I like the Zelda feel of Mystical Ninja over the more pure sidescrolling of Goemon's Great Adventure
>>
>>3339279
2 and 4 are just like Great Adventure. I hear 3 is more like Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon, but as such I haven't played it since the language barrier is too strong.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.