[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Puzzle League
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: panelattack.gif (35 KB, 514x223) Image search: [Google]
panelattack.gif
35 KB, 514x223
You guys ever play Panel de Pon/Tetris Attack or one of the Pokemon ones?
>>
I played Tetris Attack religiously as a kid and got pretty good at it, nowhere near the level of actual masters who traded techniques online but I could slaughter the hardest difficulty without breaking a sweat. My dad still plays it almost every day and texts me his speed records every now and then.
>>
Best puzzle series ever.
>>
fuck mario. he killed panel de pon
>>
>>3337275
The SNES version is my favorite game.
I wish I was better at it.
>>
>>3337275
i really love this game and find it surprisingly easy, for the console, wario's woods and kirby's avalanche are way tougher. i don't really care for the puzzle leagues i've played which is kinda autismal of me considering they're all the same shit
>>
Pokemon Puzzle fag, love the gameplay. Way more foresight and planning involved than Yoshi or even Tetris
>>
I got hooked on this series once I got decent at chains. SNES TA has my favorite aesthetics, but the GBC Pokemon Puzzle Challenge seems to have the most challenging Vs. modes (intense or whatever its called).

On another note, is the DS version the only one that allows you to lift the stack while you're in the middle of a chain?
>>
I played Tetris Attack a lot against my dad for years, then got hooked on Pokemon Puzzle Challenge for GBC. Played that on my GBA SP and got good at it, took well over 100 tries to beat Intense difficulty though. These days my hands are too big for the SP and I can only play well with the SNES gamepad, which is a shame since my Wii U Pro pad is good for almost everything else.
>>
File: flea_forcing_anon_to_suck_dick.jpg (39 KB, 475x794) Image search: [Google]
flea_forcing_anon_to_suck_dick.jpg
39 KB, 475x794
If anyone is interested, we should get some online TA going.
>>
>>3338916
Agreed, Gary everyday.
>>
I play the GBA version almost religiously

>>3338978
The GBA version lets you
>>
File: Pokemon Puzzle Challenge.png (145 KB, 256x254) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Puzzle Challenge.png
145 KB, 256x254
Honestly, my favourite is Pokemon Puzzle Challenge for the GBC, hands-down.
>>
I play Poke Puzzle League and the DS one. Wish the sound wasn't so annoying in PPL. "Pika pika pikachu! Pika...." Shut up, rat.

Also, how to get good? I can do 5+ chains consistently, but don't really set up combos and I just switch on the fly, not trying to set up anything big.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
23 KB, 480x360
PPC has an interesting easter egg. If you try playing the game on pre-GBC hardware, you get the expected "Can only be played on GBC" screen.

But from there you can actually access an early (and pre-GBC compatible) version of the game with PdP music and art.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B8YyqyhDoE

>>3340595
Start simple and slow. Learn the basic chain patterns, pick one and get good at setting it up or recognizing it when it occurs on its own. Once you've got the basic intuition, start building on the chain with what you know. Repeat with the other patterns.

I know the DS version has a "helper" that highlights simple chains for you, and playing with that can help develop your ability to see them on your own.
>>
>>3341263
woah, thats really cool.
>>
tttt
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.