[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bought it last week, forgot how good it was Why can't Rare
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: 7531107PALFrontccc-57080-full.jpg (525 KB, 1000x700) Image search: [Google]
7531107PALFrontccc-57080-full.jpg
525 KB, 1000x700
Bought it last week, forgot how good it was

Why can't Rare make great games like that anymore? It's such a shame...
>>
>>3336565
>customizable characters
>customizable weapon spawns
>up to 8 bots playing + 4 players
>colored based teams
>weapon often have 2 modes that do something entirely different.
>different bot difficulties and personalities
>badass weapons
>weapon reload animations
>medal award system to show off

This game was ages ahead of its time. Games today rarely have the 2nd weapon mode and any less the bot personality and the such... why gaming have become so shitty?
>>
>>3336581
>customizable characters
>customizable weapon spawns
>up to 8 bots playing + 4 players
>colored based teams
>weapon often have 2 modes that do something entirely different.
>different bot difficulties and personalities
>badass weapons
>weapon reload animations
>medal award system to show off

Sounds a lot like Timesplitters, wait...
>>
>>3336565
>Why can't Rare make great games like that anymore?
Because they've been stifled and killed by MS, forced to make Kinect games and Viva Pinata.

Nintendo and Rare was Lennon and McCartney.
>>
>>3336639
Never played that game.. if you say it has all those features then its a great game
>>
>>3336652

The Timesplitters series was made by former Rare employees, hence the similarities XD
>>
>>3336565
i've got like 11 days playtime in multiplayer.
>>
>>3336641

This. And i raged so hard when i heard MS didn't let Rare make Perfect Dark sequels

Just check all that wasted potential: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcqixlBxbT4
>>
>>3336565
>18
That's a joke. The game is tame af.
>>
>>3336682
By 2016 standards, yes.
>>
>>3336639
lots of ex-Rare devs worked on Time Splitters my dude
>>
>>3336682
hitzones and reaction of enemies to getting hit in said zones is what caused the rating.
>>
>>3336682
there's also the option to toggle the few naughty phrases on and off. I think the enemies would say damn and hell, but that's all. I'm astounded that they were able to get away with so much with Conker, I mean yeah it was near the N64s life, but holyshit. And even accompanied with being able to turn off the censors.
>>
>>3336697
GoldenEye had this too, but I don't remember if the game had as excessive blood, when you shit them. Also bodiea disappeared instantly while the bodies stayed on the floor in PD, albeit to save on memory they would disappear if you left them alone long enough and were in a separate room.
>>
>>3336710

Pretty sure I've heard "You bitch" a couple times
>>
>>3336718
I feel like I don't hear it too often, but yeah they do.
>>
File: geenterdark07.jpg (29 KB, 753x293) Image search: [Google]
geenterdark07.jpg
29 KB, 753x293
we always had one fistsim in our 4 player scenarios for random slappers/disarms fun.

probably our most played scenario with several bots was a variation of a bearhunt scenario; 6 hard fistsims (secretary body, pilot head) and two dark sims (mr. Blonde).
weapons:
shotgun, sniper, magnum, knife.
>>
>>3336694

Please see >>3336667
>>
>>3336686
Even by 2000 standards it was tame. There was just a slight blood splat on the wall and reddening on the bodies. Sure as shit ain't worth 18.
>>
>>3336818

Europeans have always been a bunch of softies...
>>
>>3336819
I always forget that Rare were Brits.
>>
>>3336836

Top kek XD
>>
File: 1567678675464564545.png (468 KB, 698x535) Image search: [Google]
1567678675464564545.png
468 KB, 698x535
>>3336819
You cant make accusations like that without evidence. I ashume that you have some?
>>
>>3336581
One thing that people tend to forget is that, with its "combat boost" it was the first game to give us "bullet time" as far as I'm aware. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this was even before Max Payne, was it not?
>>
>>3336938
yes, yes it was.
>>
WHY... MEEEEEEEEEEeee?
>>
>>3336938
I don't particularly remember that. . I know for instance tgat some weapons such as the tranquilizer made tge screen dizzy... unless is a single player thing which in that case might be the reason why I don't remember. Allways brought my controller to play at my neighbor n64 while he brought his to my place to play smash
>>
File: perfect dark guards.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
perfect dark guards.webm
3 MB, 640x480
clever girl...
>>
>>3336639
relax man
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.