[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PsONE mod
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 20131116_003427.jpg (934 KB, 3263x2447) Image search: [Google]
20131116_003427.jpg
934 KB, 3263x2447
I want to mod my ps1 mini NTSC so I can dive into some of the harder to find games. What mod chips are compatible? Any advice on where to buy them?
>>
MM3 chips wirk with everything and are only 4 bucks a pop. I hope you know how to solder.
>>
File: DSCN3940.jpg (2 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
DSCN3940.jpg
2 MB, 3648x2736
>>3336074
I went for an MM3 from EurAsia along with a handfull of their 30 awg wire. All around a good investment, but after buying the chip, 2 stacks of Taiyo Yuden discs, extra memory cards and a CD book to hold the burnt discs, I could have bought a PSIO for the same price. Just remember to go extra easy of the solder, no globs needed.
>>
>>3336113
>$200 for that
God where do you live.
>>
Just buy a PS-X-Change swap disc. Silver backed ones boot burned games in PSOnes (black backs are impossible to find now)
>>
>>3336125
$200?
The PSIO is $150 AUD That's only about $110 US. At ~$35 a disc pack, $20 for a CD book, and $15 for the chip and wire +shipping, it's basically a wash. Plus since the PSIO is loading from an SD rather than disc, load times a reported to be noticeably shorter.
>>
Anywhere to buy the chips beside Eurasia? They don't seen to have the one I need
>>
>>3336262
>They don't seen to have the one I need
Which one do you need?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
Dumb question but does the PSIO still have the PS1 boot/intro screen?
>>
>>3336436
Answering my own question, yes it does.
>>
>>3336074
pro-tip: don't put the chip on top of the CPU like in your picture.

in my case I realized it blocked the laser assembly from moving properly only after I glued it in place... I had to remove all shielding and file away at the DIP package (the actual silicon is just a tiny blop in the middle anyway) to make it work again.
>>
>>3336262
The MM3 chip will work for all PS1s
>>
>>3336514
>The MM3 chip will work for all PS1s
I think it doesn't work on PAL PSOnes.
>>
>>3336113
>I fell for the Taiyo Yuden meme
>I'm an eBayby
You'll get no sympathy from me faggot. A fool and his money and all that.
Love how you include the price of discs and even a CD book in that cost but don't even include the cost of the SD in your incorrect price for the PSIO. I'd say you got what you deserve.
I pay less than $1 for the chip and wires, less than $10 for a stack of CDRs, and $2 for a CD book if you insist in including that in the price like an autistic cunt. You well and truly screwed yourself kiddo.
>>
>>3336207
>$20 for a CD book
Do you seriously not have a thrift store anywhere near by? I find those relics new for like $3.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.