[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT, /vr/ games that only you played, or weren't very known.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 14
File: Curse_of_Enchantia_box_artwork.png (160 KB, 250x361) Image search: [Google]
Curse_of_Enchantia_box_artwork.png
160 KB, 250x361
ITT, /vr/ games that only you played, or weren't very known.

Pic related, it's Curse of Enchantia,
>>
File: curse-of-enchantia_27.gif (50 KB, 320x200) Image search: [Google]
curse-of-enchantia_27.gif
50 KB, 320x200
I loved Curse of Enchantia, played it several times as a kid.

It's also one of the few, if not the only, point and click adventure game with no text whatsoever, everything in the game is transmitted through symbols.
>>
>>3335990
Yup, it has merit to not have any text during the whole game. However many things were illogical as fuck.
>>
>>3335997
>Adventure game
>Logical

Pick one.
>>
File: Ashes.jpg (32 KB, 250x299) Image search: [Google]
Ashes.jpg
32 KB, 250x299
>>3335984

Ashes of Empire.
>>
File: army.png (22 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
army.png
22 KB, 640x480
Army, or Campaign, depending on which revision it was. Old shareware game by some guy, very simple but surprisingly fun. Took me years to track it down again. Pic related.
>>
File: secretagent6.gif (85 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
secretagent6.gif
85 KB, 640x400
Does Secret Agent SAM counts?
>>
>>3336023
>One of Apogee's more famous shareware titles
I don't think you understand the OP.
>>
Roger Rabbit in Hare Raising Havoc

Essentially it's a puzzle game. It all revolves around scenes (screens), where you must get through obstacles in time to reach the end - and the last portion is a huge time-wasting annoyance of a scene.
Things are out to knock you down if you haven't prepared the course. You have to move furniture, arrange items, etc then hopefully bounce through the scene in slapstick manner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Pqp1_yPG5o
>>
File: Curse-of-Enchantia4.png.jpg (18 KB, 320x200) Image search: [Google]
Curse-of-Enchantia4.png.jpg
18 KB, 320x200
>>3335997

To be fair, the game was full of nonsense humor, it's like the devs were making a parody of adventure games and their illogical puzzles.
>>
File: napion.gif (10 KB, 110x149) Image search: [Google]
napion.gif
10 KB, 110x149
Napion 3D.
>>
>>>>3336009
It's funny that it was a third installment of a saga, and it was sold as if it was the first and, so far, the only one.
>>
>>3336071
Saw it once when at holidays in Mallorca. I was a child... it was... 1998 maybe?
>>
File: exile3_shot7.gif (119 KB, 597x428) Image search: [Google]
exile3_shot7.gif
119 KB, 597x428
Exile trilogy. A lot of people have played Avernum, which the first three are remakes of the Exile games, and are aware of Spiderweb Software in general. However, I don't think I've ever met anyone else who actually played the original Exile games. Definitely never seen it so much as mentioned on 4chan.
>>
File: 52660.png (35 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
52660.png
35 KB, 640x400
The remake of 7 Cities of Gold, made in 1993..
>>
File: 449273901.gif (25 KB, 256x206) Image search: [Google]
449273901.gif
25 KB, 256x206
Could've been a good platformer if it were ever finished.
>>
File: 2.gif (47 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
2.gif
47 KB, 640x512
Similar to the Game & Watch "Oil Panic"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=D979XLljUEg
http://www.punktart.de/met/index.php/index.en
>>
>>
File: rage.jpg (57 KB, 493x500) Image search: [Google]
rage.jpg
57 KB, 493x500
Well, at least this version.
>>
>>3336147
One unknown-ish game like this that I played was Castle of the Winds
Pretty good if I recall
And I did play Exile but dropped it early because it was too hard for kid me
>>
>>3341503
I have this, it's not bad.
>>
>>3336147
Played these on Mac in the 90s. Exile III was the first game I paid to register, what a great game.
>>
Mordor: Depths of Dejenol

I don't know why it was so fun and the nostalgia made me go through hoops to get it to work now since it was the first game that actively tried to kill me at every corner. But since I didn't have many games, most being shareware and CD pack games I shouldn't be surprised. I missed out on all the good games of the time, but I still had fun playing things no one I know has ever heard of.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.