[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's talk about Rocket Knight Adventures. What's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: serveimage1.jpg (270 KB, 1200x776) Image search: [Google]
serveimage1.jpg
270 KB, 1200x776
Let's talk about Rocket Knight Adventures.

What's with the weird graphic/design changes between the original title and the two sequels? And why were the sequels so similar, yet so different on SNES/Genesis?

Was the auto-charging, instant rocket added after 1 casualized? I honestly kinda prefer the first game's system of holding the button to charge the rocket manually and then once you let go your movement is locked until you hit the ground. It afforded for more strategic play.
>>
>>3335935
I still need to buy Rocket Knight Adventures 1.
>>
>>3335935
>What's with the weird graphic/design changes between the original title and the two sequels?
The devs wanted to make Sparkster edgy like Sonic since that was a trend in 90s mascot platformers. Also the 2010 reboot looks shitty because Western devs were in charge.
>>
File: rocket_knight_by_metalhanzo.jpg (156 KB, 1024x643) Image search: [Google]
rocket_knight_by_metalhanzo.jpg
156 KB, 1024x643
>>3336081
The 2010 reboot, like many such outsourced late sequels/reboots, totally missed the point of the originals and it would have been better if it was never made at all.
The new Strider and Shadow of the Beast also come to mind.
>>
While fundamentally altering the game, I actually like the increased focus the Sparkster games placed on the rocket pack. While it was something you had to use strategically in the first game, freeing up its use in the sequels allowed for more dynamic play. Not that the original is not excellent.
>>
>>3335935

Only the first one was good. But it was damn good. You could release it today in the indie scene and no one would know how old it actually is.
>>
>>3336143
New strider might have missed the point, but it's still the best game in the series. And maybe it's more accurate to the source?
And what's the point of shadow of the beast, besides looking and sounding really good?

>>3337797
>Only the first one was good.
Agreed. But if I had to choose, I'd go with sparkster on the snes.
>>
RKA is amazing and really the only one worth playing.
>>
>>3337869
Dude the PSX Strider is the best one
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.