[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NES or Playstation? What console deserves to be the greatest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8
File: hvc_vs_psx.png (146 KB, 430x400) Image search: [Google]
hvc_vs_psx.png
146 KB, 430x400
NES or Playstation? What console deserves to be the greatest console of all times? There can be only one.
That's not some SNES vs SMD battle. They don't have similar graphics, the newer - the better. They barely belong to the same time,
But still, they were revolutional when they were released.
And only YOU can decide, which was more revolutional, NES/Famicom or Playstation.
LET THE HOLY WAR BEGIN.
>>
People born in the 80s will choose NES, and people born in the 90s will choose PS1, duh.

Anyway, I pick NES, guess what decade I was born.
>>
>>3334404
born in 80s and i choose psx still

nes has a lot of garbage and "nintendohard" bullshit but the psx is fucking legit
>>
>>3334424

What does "fucking legit" means?

PS1 also has a lot of garbage. That's something that happens with popular systems.
>>
I'd have to go with NES. The Playstation never really impressed me much.
>>
>>3334424
Is this a troll post?
>>
I'd go for the PS1, it always has something I'm in the mood for. Good variety.
>>
The Famicom is hands down the superior console.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 344x423) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 344x423
Genesis.
>>
This is, in fact, the ultimate infinitely debatable topic as the NES dominated the 80s just as much as Playstation dominated the 90s. Both of their vast libraries capably cover every possible genre of game and their idiot detractors are left grasping at straws to try to put the tiniest scratches in their double diamond legacies.

Ultimately though, the objective winner is the Playstation 2
>>
SNES > PS1 > Genesis > NES > Saturn > N64 > Master System > everything else retro
>>
Saturn > Mega Drive > Neo Geo > Dreamcast > 3DO > SNES > Master System > Atari 2600 > Playstation > Atari 7800 > N64 > SG-1000 > Atari Jaguar > Amstrad x4000 > NES > others
>>
>>3334873
>>3334886
>n64
opinion discarded
>>
The PS1 is a piece of garbage with no good games whatsoever, how is this supposed to be a serious question? The best title on the platform is one of the worst Castlevania games.
>>
NES, PSX ain't shit but loads and bricks.
>>
>>3334912
>>>33349 the
The PS1 had excellent titles that helped pave the way for future games and consoles, such as Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil (1 & 2), Tomb Raider, Crash Bandicoot, Twisted Metal, Spyro the Dragon, Silent Hill, and many others. Yes, every video game console has their shitty games, but it's almost inevitable for any video game console to have a bad game, let alone a plethora of them.
>>
>>3334912
Metal Gear Solid, Xenogears, Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy IX, Suikoden I & II, Breath of Fire IV, Star Ocean: The Second Story, Soul Edge, Tekken 3, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Medievil, Megaman X4, Resident Evil 1 & 2, the Spyro trilogy, and Twisted Metal would all like to have a word with you.
>>
>>3334997
>Street Fighter Alpha 3

Better on Saturn, as all 2D fighting arcade ports.

change it for something like Rival Schools which was actually neat on the ps1.
>>
>>3334912
the ps1 did have a lot of really interesting one-off games because it had a good intersection of low dev costs and low media costs.
>>
Neither

>>3334780
This.
>>
File: il-buono-il-brutto-il-cattivo.jpg (312 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
il-buono-il-brutto-il-cattivo.jpg
312 KB, 700x500
>>3335142

The Segatard

>>3334912

The Nintenfag

>>3334424

The Sonygger
>>
>>3334402
I like both consoles very much, but it I had to pick one on which was more revolitionary, I'd say the PS1 simply because you could do more with it. The NES was mostly a sidescroller console, as it's the genre that developers chose to utilize the console's capabilities to their fullest extent. With the Playstation, however, there wasn't really one genre it did "best". Sure, there were genres that were more abundant on the Playstation compared to others (RPGs), but the fact of the matter is that it had games that made their respetive genres much more fully realized, especially racing and fighting games. Due to it's design, with it's controller, hardware, and cd drive, it was very versatile, and resulted in developers using more creativity when producing games for the system (LSD Dream Simulator, Vibribbon, Inctedible Crisis are some notable examples of this).

Both had great titles, some had ones that were better than games on the other platform, and vice versa, but I think the Playstation was far more revolutionary for it's time.
>>
Definitely the Senpaiicom
>>
>>3335151
Ultimately, The Genesis is the correctnchoice.
>>
>>3334909
>n64
>not a games console that should be ranked with the others
Suck my penis.
>>
In my opinion both are really fantastic systems. It's hard to say which one is better.
>>
>>3335359
Well it's apples and oranges with an entire generation gap between them.
>>
>>3334402
I think both consoles are representing different categories, like NES was first pure king of 2D games, and everyone went crazy about it. Next, as a matter of evolution, people wanted more. I think that psx was considered first king of 3D games, and, like with nes, everyone went crazy about it.

TLDR; Both console wins because both are revolutional, just for different reasons.
>>
>>3335243

It depends if you prefer to be a tard instead of a nigger or a fag.

correct choice is idort
>>
>>3334402

I pick arcade.
>>
>>3335764

Be more specific.

CPS? AES? Model 1?
>>
>>3334402
Why is the eject lever on that Famicom in the up position? Is it stuck there?
>>
>>3335889
It would appear so.
>>
>>3335932
More likely just a broken spring and no cart inserted to push it back to the down position.
>>
File: 621.jpg (81 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
621.jpg
81 KB, 500x375
>>3334402
both made that leap forward.

but we're still using discs to this day, so....
>>
>>3337567
>but we're still using discs to this day, so....
So?
>>
File: 1467573091358.jpg (23 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
1467573091358.jpg
23 KB, 220x220
Considering the enormous amount of clones, bootleg games, considering that famiclones are still alive, I'd vote for Famicom. Do we have the same for Playstation? We don't.
>>
>>3334402
SNES
>>
I'm trying to play Kat's Run on ZSNES but whenever I choose a car and press accept it diamonds out to black as if loading and then it never comes back and i never race
any help? im new to /vr/ and dont want to make a new thread
>>
>>3334402
>making console war threads
Go fucking kill your self you piece of shit scum
>>
>>3334402
famicom ftw
>>
>>3340139
/vr/ is full of shit and I can't do anything with you.
>>
I'm not very impressed with Nintendo in general (other than the SNES) so I'd have to go with the PSX
>>3334817 You. I like you.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.