[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the oldest remake of a game that you know?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
What is the oldest remake of a game that you know?
>>
File: Castlevania_NES_box_art.jpg (59 KB, 350x493) Image search: [Google]
Castlevania_NES_box_art.jpg
59 KB, 350x493
prob Super Castlevania IV
>>
>>3331212
>Ueno only considers Super Castlevania IV a remake of the original Castlevania to some extent
>>
it was more of a overhaul of the original game than a brand new game
>>
>>3331231
yeah, sits kind of somewhere between straight up remake and entirely new game. That's 1991. Anything older? Anything closer to a remake?
>>
i would have to think back to my childhood lol !
>>
Can we consider pacman NES as a remake of Pac Man 2600?

I'm assuming not, I just wanted to post.
>>
>>3331243
I'd consider pacman NES a port, unless it was directly based on the 2600 port for some reason?
>>
Fire Emblem Monsho no Nazo had a remake of the first NES Fire Emblem game bundled with it.
>>
What about Sega's arcade port of Activision's Pitfall and Pitfall 2 into one game with updated graphics which then got ported to SMS? I've only heard of this in passing, mind you, so I may be entirely mistaken here, but I think that was the first outright remake (IE something updated for better hardware some years after its original release).
>>
Sonic CD
>>
what is ys
>>
What about the first 2 SMT games? I don't know what years they came out.
>>
I know Ninja Gaiden NES was a port, but it was completely different than the arcade game. Might as well call it a remake
>>
EGA Trek, a remake of the 1971 original Star Trek, which came out in the early 90's. I only point to it, since it has graphics. The many earlier remakes are much older, the first of which came out in 74.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.