[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, uh.. did the GCCX thread move to another board, or...? Just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3
File: 1370689896023.jpg (48 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1370689896023.jpg
48 KB, 640x480
So, uh.. did the GCCX thread move to another board, or...? Just checking..
>>
the last one got archived. Lack of new subbed episodes and shitposters are ruining the GCCX general. Better wait for the next subbed episode to come in january to open a new one.
>>
Oh, well ok then. I was just worried the shitposters had finally won and gotten the thread banned or something.
>>
>>3331040
I know, I was worried ecelebs were finally totally banned in this forum.
>>
>>3331136
That's a tv-celeb.
>>
I don't follow GCCX threads, but it'd be troubling for them to vanish.
>>
Where to watch it these days?
>>
HEY if the ppl that trandslate the show read this please please please trandlate the zelda 2 epidoe im an old man and im too dumb to learn jap ok
>>
>>3331248
http://pastebin.com/u/GCCXGeneral
>>
>>3331740
makes me wonder why they decided to do Zelda 2 first and not the original LoZ, i would love to see LoZ played
>>
>>3332792
I've never had a problem with it, but I'm pretty used to how dense it is after reading it a lot for like two years.

http://www.gamingcx.com/ is probably what you're looking for in there if you want to watch subs.
>>
>>3331000
You don't really need subs to understand what's going on. Just watch the RAWs and youre fine.
>>
>>3333191
yeah, and miss all the comedy bits. No thanks
>>
>>3331221
Naw senpai, unless you liv in japan.
>>
Where is the new 2 hour special in 4k resolution with deep color?
>>
>>3332780
Arino is good at games like the original Legend of Zelda and Dragon Quest, so they have to have him play something like Zelda 2, with it's platforming and side-scrolling elements, to get an interesting episode.
>>
>>3331040
As a long time GCCX fan I would be glad if that general finally found eternal peace and when somebody actually wants to talk about the show he genuinely creates a thread to instil discussion with other fellow GCCX fans (preferably with no tripcodes), post stills/webm, and have fun like the good days on /v/.

GCCX threads became the opposite of fun.
>>
Does Yoiko have a variety show just like Downtown with Gaki and such? Or are they not so known on Japan?

I've seen them on multiple variety shows but not one of theirs.
>>
Some of my favorite episodes of this show are the ones where Arino is unexpectedly good at the game. I really like watching him play puzzle games. It's nice to see him struggle a little less than usual.
>>
>>3337452
There is just nothing left to say, there isn't a lot of new content or fans. It's the same group with a couple visitors, like katawa shoujo general. The game came out in 2012 and they've had like 3000 threads in 4 years. /vr/ is a lot slower
>>
>>3337514
I like it when they give him something like Solomon's Key and he ends up loving the game.

>>3337594
No thread deserves comparisons to the katawa shojo general.
>>
POST MOST WANTED EPISODE, GO!

Super Godzilla reporting in!
>>
Next episode is Wagan Land 2, it seems?
>>
>>3340501
Any Adventure Island that's not the first one, prefferably 2, Super or New, just for Arno to start panicking when he hears he has to play another one, only for it to turn out to be way more playable than the original.
>>
>>3342191
I should have been more specific, I meant most wanted episode to be subbed
>>
>>3342120
>didn't expect this game to have a sequel
>check it out on youtube
>it looks exactly the fucking same

I swear to christ the whole game was made on MS paint, literally everything is just black lines filled with solid color. I could recreate all the characters and backgrounds in the fucking art program every computer comes with by default
>>
>>3342205
Vice: Project Doom for me. Been wanting that one for a long while.
>>
>>3331941
>"A popular character" for the next episode
That could be so many different things.
>>
>>3342120
Teacher Takahashi apparently wrote a letter to Arino as predicted. It looks like she got married.

>>3343141
I think "A popular character appears" probably means a big name Nintendo character like Kirby or something.
>>
Any word on if the 4K special got recorded?
>>
>>3343335
>>3342120
Does anyone have that gif/webm of the dramatic cuts from her to Arino to her terrible drawing from the first Wagan Land episode?
>>
abunai
>>
How popular is Arino?

I mean, he's a celebrity, he stars in like 10+ shows every week, and GCCX has been going on for more than 20 seasons.

And yet, he constantly makes references to living on a budget, he has a very modest air to him, and he even mentioned debts at some point (although in a joking manner, so I dunno).

Doesn't he make money from his shows? At least much more than the typical salaryman? Why does he live paycheck to paycheck if he's a celebrity?
>>
>>3346889
Because either one of 3 things:

-He is highly taxed due to his salary (I do not know Japan's tax codes so I could be wrong)

-He is referring to his past when he may have went through economic issues to try and relate to others

-Or is addressing economic issues going on in Japan (That country is still reeling from the lost decades), sort of like how some celebrities in the US are talking about the wage gap and other political issues.
>>
>>3346889
Arino is pretty well off, but he lives in a very expensive area of the country and has kids to raise.

Yoiko is pretty dead, so his main income is from GCCX, which is a satellite exclusive show made for pennies.

He could probably quit, but he'd have to downsize a lot.
>>
>>3346925
>-He is referring to his past when he may have went through economic issues to try and relate to others

In one episode, he mentioned "I didn't have much time for games between these seasons, was living on a budget", so it doesn't seem like it's a past thing.
>>
File: Cm7PQkIUIAA1f71.jpg large.jpg (69 KB, 564x874) Image search: [Google]
Cm7PQkIUIAA1f71.jpg large.jpg
69 KB, 564x874
Why is Arino so cute?

Also, who wears these Pikachu costumes, they are small as fuck.
>>
>>3347117
Bear in mind the head of the suit isn't the head of the person inside it, Arino is only half a foot taller than the top of that, a 5 foot woman will fit in just fine.
>>
>>3346889
I really don't think Comedians earn a lot since there are way too many of them. Except few big ones like Downtown which are a driving force of that industry. In some shows comedians are even trying to win the price money which in some cases is just a few 10000 - 20000 Yen..

Anyway, this is way too off topic..
>>
>>3346935
Or just maybe, he's in character?
>>
where do I download subbed GCCX? I have the mega pack that stops at episode 158, but obviously we're at what, 200 episodes now?
>>
>>3349341
See >>3331941
Click the paste that says episode downloads and look through the batch torrents or sa-gccx.
>>
In which episode(s) does Arino play with Hamaguchi?
>>
Not GCCX, but just watched Arino playing with an analog gymnastic bar game and laughed my ass off for the first half.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/1419243783

>>3337495
>>3346889
They have (had) regular shows like Yoiko Tokuban, but they are definitely a minor kombi. They are also regulars on some bigger shows like Ougon Densetsu and Mechaike.
I follow many popular shows every week, but you can count the times Arino or Hamaguchi appear as guests during a year in them with your one hand.
>>
>>3351385
Arino shows up on ametalk every now and then and Hamaguchi used to be all over the place, they're not really that minor.

There's also the yoiko uninhabited island survival show that's pretty entertaining
>>
>>3347404
One thing about the wages is that different agencies have different rates. Some have it fifty-fifty, but apparently Yoshimoto (the biggest agency with the most of the famous people like Downtown) takes 90% of the pay and some small agencies only take 10%.
Also, some of the them are just cheap bitches. Matsumoto once said on Wide na Show that when he asked his manager about Wide na Show's wage being little small, the next time he opened his paycheck he was surprised to see it was doubled.

>>3351393
Compared to people who appear on Ametalk at least once a month (Fujimon, Zakiyama, Savanna Takahashi, Futto Gotou etc.) they are definitely rare.
The survival things are only once or twice a year specials, too.
>>
220 Wagan Land 2 raw is up at best quality. If the desert life specials are really once or twice a year, be sure to drop knowledge of when and where they air in this thread so they can be recorded / encoded / released at such quality. Pokemon Vol. 2 (Fuji TV version) coming soon.

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=829336

https://mega.nz/#!kZh1laRR!DdMIWAxiHk3ugCrUulXwMnGrr-XsWiO_9Md1dgDceq0
>>
>>3352923
Gonna give this a watch later today, thanks.

Did you get the mail I sent you a while back?
>>
>>3353621
It was in the spam folder. Responded now
>>
>>3353685
I figured, thanks. In the middle of making dinner right now but I'll get back to you there in a few hours at most.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.