[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's talk about hidden, often beta and debug content that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8
File: SMWCage.png (5 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
SMWCage.png
5 KB, 256x224
Let's talk about hidden, often beta and debug content that went unused in the finished game, but was still left on the cartridge/disc.

What are your favorites?
>>
Gran Turismo 2 has tons of hidden content and unused things, it's a shame as lots of those things are actually pretty good.

Monaco's Circuit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUcWL6H8NyY

Mercedes CLK-GTR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytG1BFSB4Nc

Some other hidden cars
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh7Gg8bWcaY
>>
File: starwarstrashcompactor.jpg (83 KB, 605x535) Image search: [Google]
starwarstrashcompactor.jpg
83 KB, 605x535
>only one beta dump
>not even in it
disappointment
>>
FF7 had a debug room you could access with gameshark type modules.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVVCLfQBgKg
>>
Bottles Revenge from Banjo Tooie intrigued me for years.

Too bad I lost my system and games before people figured out how to get it working.
>>
File: Hiddenpalaces2.png (10 KB, 320x224) Image search: [Google]
Hiddenpalaces2.png
10 KB, 320x224
Hidden Palace Zone is leftover in the Sonic 2 final release but not its graphics. You can still run all over the place but it looks like garbage.
>>
>>3332064
That whole "Stop N Swop" thing in general was just a roller coaster of thrills as people learned about the Ice Key, the eggs, and how to get them.

Then of course Tooie came out and it turned out the Stop N Swop was for naught
>>
Lufia II had plans to let you run around as the other playable characters in areas and even had most of the sprites necessary for it done.

What's funny is that this was eventually a thing in the remake, and a large part of it due to how each character does different things.
>>
I haven't really heard this mentioned anywhere before, but in Castlevania, you can modify the digits for your subweapon slot to get some garbage items that do all kinds of wacky things. But while I was messing with that, I came across a red axe (as opposed to the normal purple one), and it actually functions differently than normal.

When you throw the red axe, it comes out instantly instead of that half-second delay you get with the purple axe. It works properly with the double and triple shot upgrades, too.
>>
just go to the tcrf site and report back what you find
>>
>>3330654

Debug mode in Tenchu Stealth Assassins is pretty neat. Put on any items and use weapons only available to enemies, like the shotgun.
>>
>>3332052

Same for Xenogears.
>>
Now I can't remember how to access it, but I know Super Tennis for SNES has a hidden menu where you can change all parameters of your character, strength, speed etc.
>>
File: ds-huitzil-ex.gif (54 KB, 376x114) Image search: [Google]
ds-huitzil-ex.gif
54 KB, 376x114
Huitzil of Darkstalkers has two different half-finished super moves lying around in two games of the series.
>>
File: nw-huitzil-gattai.gif (192 KB, 258x206) Image search: [Google]
nw-huitzil-gattai.gif
192 KB, 258x206
>>3334192
>>
File: arwing.jpg (147 KB, 1695x671) Image search: [Google]
arwing.jpg
147 KB, 1695x671
>>3330654
Any Rare game had a ton of hidden shit on it.

Goldeneye back in 1997 is what made me buy a gameshark, and 99% of the time i only used it for that game to unlock beta secrets.

There were a TON of beta 007 / perfect dark sites back then, Detstar/terrorist being one of the famous ones

also zelda 64
>>
>>3334204
>originally found by Zelda's Secret Ocarina and Zelda Chaos

kek. I imagine cendamos seething with rage reading this image.
>>
File: 1983749345345.jpg (85 KB, 800x765) Image search: [Google]
1983749345345.jpg
85 KB, 800x765
>>3334204
>Any Rare game had a ton of hidden shit on it.
not as good as the arwing, but pretty tasty none the less.
>>
>>3336043

They probably used that one later on DK64 for Jetpac

Also it's weird to think that, to this day, DK64 is the only way to play a home version of the original DK arcade.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.