[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>HEY! >You still don't have a Sega CD?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: HEY.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
HEY.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
>HEY!
>You still don't have a Sega CD?
>>
>It's ok because no one else does either.
>>
Nintendo's coming out with one in a few years. I can wait.
>>
I wanted a Sega CD so bad as a kid.
>>
But I have a TurboDuo.
>>
nah i got a Phillips CDI
>>
>>3329307
But I have both models and an X'Eye. I just need a CDX and I'll own all the models. Fuck the Laseractive one.
>>
>>3329397
They're not bad T B H
If you looked past most of the FMV stuff (which the unit really wasn't that good at), it had some pretty nice games.
>>
>>3329307
Of course not, dude. It's 2016. I can play all those games on my PC with buttery smooth framerates and crisp HD graphics!
>>
It was a great system when used properly. Of course, it rarely was, ESPECIALLY in NA.
>oh hey with CD's we can sort of have FMV movies now
>i guess we had better make that the entire basis of its game library
The few games that used the technology properly were amazing, but for the most part it was just abused by small minds who couldn't see beyond one gimmick.
>>
>>3329307
I'm sorry angry black Sega guy. I just don't have the money at the moment. I spent all of my allowance on Genesis games. I'm gonna have to beg my mom for a Sega CD. I'll do anything.
>>
I heard Johnny Turbo said they had Sherlock Holmes first. So I'm going with that.
>>
Wat, naw senpai, I got it on release, but thanks for asking.
>>
>>3329307
No, I have a saturn, master system and dreamcast, but no genesis or Sega cd/32X.

I do want to get a sega cd one day though! but they're a bit on the pricey side for the 3 games I'd want to play on the thing, and I've already got like 3 other versions of Sonic cd if I really wanted to play it.
>>
This black dude wore black hipster glasses before it was cool
>>
Has anyone actually really looked at that commercial?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O21eoNf0E3A

It's fucked.
>>
I'm waiting for Nintendo to make one.
>>
>>3333587
Why?
>>
>>3333587
Sega's advertising was batshit crazy most of the time. Probably the most edgy advertising in history. I don't mean edgy in the shitposting autistic way, I mean actual 100% edge. How the fuck they came up with some of this shit, I'd really like to know.
>>
>>3333665
Wasnt the 90s edgy in general though?
>>
>>3335312
No it was about being exream!!!! You know in your face stick it to the man explosions every were bad chicks that barley ware anything big muscle men with ludacris giant guns, lots of colors but still overshadowed by darkness, hip hop too cool for school anamorphic characters with attitude, skateboarding ninjas, and pouches!!!!
>>
>>3333657
Why?
I mean, it's flashing a bunch of random scenes like fucking Clockwork Orange to someone who is flying out of their chair screaming with weird noises. The guy is like spasming in his chair, the skull shit, the whole house starts shaking/exploding. There's animals all over the wall at the end. His face is all fucked up when he says sega like he's insane, not like it got blown back by air... I dunno. It's just fucked. Also study closely the room he is in. It's a chair, with a window, and a bonsai tree on top of the TV and two lamps behind him... It's just a weird like twilight zone commercial.
>>
>>3336087
"come on man, its the 90s! Lighten up! anything goes!"
>>
>>3329528
You're an idiot who knows nothing of the Mega CD library. Go back to your AVGN.
>>
I finally got my Sega CD working that I bought "broken" for $20 a month ago (needed more work than just the fuse or laser). Been checking out the library and I'm pretty pleased. Popful Mail is pretty sweet, and the shmups are decent too.

I really appreciate that there's no copy protection on the games most of all.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.