[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Possible Fake Castlevania Cart
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: castlevania.jpg (16 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
castlevania.jpg
16 KB, 300x225
Hey, so I bought a copy of Castlevania off eBay and I received it yesterday. I began playing the game and the gameplay was a bit off- it was impossible to climb stairs! However, I could still throw items using up+b. I opened up the cart and upon inspecting the pcb, I saw that none of the chips had the Konami logo on them... another eBay listing for Castlevania showed the chips and they said Konami on them, and the pcb looked very different than mine. I don't have pics, sorry. Can someone confirm that it is fake, maybe showing a picture of what the chip should look like? Again, none of the chips have the Konami logo on them. Any help is appreciated.
>>
No pics, really? Do you actually want to know if it's fake?
>>
Wait, lemme guess, the cartridge is haunted isn't it?
>>
Bin it, game is garbage anyway
>>
Konami games come in two variants, one manufactured with Nintendo branded boards and chips and one with Konami branded boards and chips.
My copy of Contra is Konami branded, my copy of Super C is Nintendo branded.
>>
ok, lemme get some pics real quick
>>
File: IMG_4939.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4939.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>
File: IMG_4940.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4940.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>
File: IMG_4941.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4941.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>
Looks perfectly fine to me, desu
>>
Then, would anyone know why I can't climb stairs? It's not my controller, since I can still use items. I'm not an expert on this, but maybe theres something wrong with the ROM? I've tried anything and everything to get Simon to climb those damn stairs, but he just stands there.... its almost like the programming for stair climbing isn't there, as I can get on the stairs by pressing up, but then I can't ascend.
>>
The stair climbing is pretty fiddly in 1. Try holding up as you walk past, or a different controller just for kicks.
>>
Well, I tried 3 different controllers, and every combination of buttons and he still won't move. I guess I'll just grab another copy, its like 15 bucks.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.