[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wizardry Gaiden IV: Throb of the Demon's Heart
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
Wizardry Gaiden IV for the Super Famicom has just received and English translation patch.

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2061/
>>
Wasn't 4 translated before 2 and 3?
What's the difference between the Gaiden and the main series?
>>
>>3328259
>http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2061/

Mmmm, thanks for the heads up, anon.
>>
>>3328261
Look at the screenshot. It's a feudal Japanese themed Wizardry game.
>>
File: wizardry4.jpg (96 KB, 584x892) Image search: [Google]
wizardry4.jpg
96 KB, 584x892
I was going to start a new thread but might as well do it here.

Is the whole series still worth playing through? I was thinking of starting from the Playstation games for 1 through 5 then buying 6 through 8 on Steam.
>>
>>3329557
Play 1 and then skip to the Dark Savant saga i.e 6-7-8. Avoid 4 because it wasn't made for humans born after 1990.
>>
>>3329593
Yeah, I've heard about the legendary difficulty. Is it considered a good game, though?
>>
>>3329593
>Avoid 4 because it wasn't made for humans.
You could have just ended your sentence like that.
>>
>>3329616
Someone born in the 70s and experienced the rise of the genre would have a lot less problems with Wiz4. A modern "expert" dropped straight into it would need months if not years to completed by trail and error.
>>
This looks cool as hell, been wondering about the Japan-only Wizardry games so I'll definitely give this a go. Love the art style. Thanks OP!
>>
>>3329557
Wizardry 1-2-3 (SNES)
Wizardry V (SNES)
Wizardry VI (SNES)
Wizardry VII (PC)
Wizardry VIII (PC)

Aside from spin-offs, those are the only ones you need.
>>
>>3329614
No.
>>
>>3329897
Warning: Wiz VI's multiclassing is broken on the SNES. It gives you full HP and mana gains for every single level you gain no matter what, which, when combined with VI's stupid XP curve that favors you multiclassing several times until you're at least past the pyramid, can very easily lead to your party having 300-400 HP and several hundred MP when it's not balanced around that.

It also has an automapper, which is a good and a bad thing considering that VI's maps are a lot more complex than I-III and V's.

Other than that it's a much better game than the DOS version.
>>
>>3328259
Does this not auto-patch in emulators? Why is it .bps instead of .ips?
>>
>>3329593
I recommend starting with 5, possibly on the FM Tows.

>>3329614
It's a very carefully designed game. You can always give it a try when you feel on top of the world but I wouldn't plan on beating it.
>>
>>3329620
Strong words.
>>
>>3329897
>Wizardry VI (SNES)
>Wizardry VII (PC)
Makes for no party import, though. Bad idea, just suffer through the DOS version.
>>
>>3330739
Wizardry VI isn't that fun when you're being visually and aurally raped by the game.
>>
>>3330739
Just don't play 7.
>>
File: 1367652686165.jpg (244 KB, 968x1280) Image search: [Google]
1367652686165.jpg
244 KB, 968x1280
>>3329927
>Why is it .bps instead of .ips?

Because byuu is an awesome dude and I appreciate his work, no matter how dorks rage about his incredible autism.
>>
>>3328259
I think I'd recommend anyone interested to wait until they release an updated patch.
Sketchy translations aside, I've run into a few game stopping bugs and a number of animations are broken.
You can get past the hardlocks by switching to the unpatched rom, but it's still a pain in the ass
>>
>>3335506
"WAAAAH, programming is the only thing I'm good at! I'm such a failure!"

Face it, the dude is just an insecure guy longing for some recognition. Yes, he does have a talent in what he does, but he's probably his worst critic.
>>
>>3337239
Who cares if he eats babies for breakfast, what's up for judgement here is his work, not his personality or his life.
>>
File: wizardrydimguil_psxjpbox.jpg (48 KB, 500x496) Image search: [Google]
wizardrydimguil_psxjpbox.jpg
48 KB, 500x496
>>3328259
glad they are doing those translations.

but above all that I want a WIzardry Dimguil translation. this game seems so excellent!
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.