[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, im trying to play my super nintendo on my hd tv using
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: AdditiveColor.svg.png (90 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
AdditiveColor.svg.png
90 KB, 2000x2000
Hey guys, im trying to play my super nintendo on my hd tv using rgb. I've looked around and it seems that the best way (other than the framemaster) is to get a scart cable and a scart to component adapter to get the best quality out of it. Although I don't know if this is the best solution to do so since most of the scart cables im finding are finicky at best. What do you guys think? Also if I do this solution how do I get the audio out of it since it's only outputting rgb through the adapter.
>>
>scart
>quality

>chink clone of a meh at best transcoder
>quality
>>
The best solution is Higan.
>>
>>3328160
get an upscaler, doesnt have to be a framememster just just something cheaper with a frame or 2 of lag
240p@ a modern HDTV is not a good solution, RGB or not
>>
Just get an s-video cable. Far cheaper and the picture quality is only slightly worse than RGB.
>>
>>3328160
Sounds like you're taking shopping advice from a nigger. Good scart cables aren't hard to find. The method is sound though. But not on an LCD. An LCD is the kind of screen babies call an HDTV.
>>
https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/games-consoles/nintendo/super-nintendo
>>
This is all assuming that your display will accept a 240 signal, in any way...
I have a couple HDTVs that will not.
>>
>>3328160

option 1:

Get a first-party s-video cable from japan on ebay. About $35. Skip the third party ones, they all have shit checkerboard. Only exception is the monster cable one and they're even more

2. Throw your HDTV into the fucking garbage and buy a 20+ PVM, BVM, or other professional RGB monitor. Buy a SNES SCART cable and tear it up to make a custom-made multi-av -> BNC cable if you care about >CRTists opinions. Just leave it stock and buy a scart -> BNC adapter if you don't.

>"HD retrovision", no idea if they're any good though.

>RGB to Component ~~~TRANSCODER~~~ , not a "converter", since converters usually include some shitty scaler in them that will increase lag and might destroy your scanlines.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.