[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else feel that Unreal Tournament completely overshadows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: 61NEZTASQDL.jpg (66 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
61NEZTASQDL.jpg
66 KB, 400x500
Anyone else feel that Unreal Tournament completely overshadows Unreal in terms of popularity and discussion these days? Tournament is great but it's kinda sad to see Unreal rarely get the recognition it used to get a decade and a half ago anymore.
>>
It gets discussed here ocassionaly. I love it. Beautiful design work, great soundtrack by Jeremy Soule, fun levels to explore, this game had it all.
>>
>>3327829
>Jeremy Soule
Uh, what? It was by Alexander Brandon and co. You know, the guys who did Deus Ex...
>>
Unreal feels so unrefined compared to Unreal Tournament. As if they had a good engine, but didn't know what to do with it.
>>
>>3327917
My bad. Soule did Unreal 2. And Secret of Evermore, I just found
>>
It was a tech demo, nothing more.
>>
>>3328710
just like Quake and Doom, and yet ...
>>
The soundtrack, the art direction, and the atmosphere were incredible. Actually playing the game was not. The AI is still pretty impressive, but many of the levels feel like useless filler and most of the guns are pretty underwhelming. It's a masterpiece compared to the expansion, though.
>>
bump because underrated
>>
>>3327792
Because FPS fags these days want multiplayer focused like UT instead of the nice single player campaign unreal provides.
>>
>>3330781
I'd rather play UT against bots than Unreal. Not much of a multiplayer person, Unreal just never clicked for me. Quake 2 though, that was nice. And Doom, if I could stomach it
>>
>>3330790
Whats the difference between bots and with people? You're still just mindlessly shooting things.
>>
>>3327792
I love how the campaign can be played co-op online.
>>
>>3330797
>Whats the difference between bots and with people?
bots don't cheat, don't complain, don't get tired. I can adjust their skills, they're always available, in the number I want. No lag. No social burden
>>
>>3330812
Still doesn't change the fact that UT is a multiplayer focused title.
>>
>>3330825
where did I claim otherwise? I said that despite not being into multiplayer I prefer single player UT over Unreal. That is all.
>>
>>3330812
>bots don't cheat
Er... Yeah they do. In Unreal/UT they do. They play with different rules than the player.
>>
>>3331051
You know fine well what he meant. >>>/oven/
>>
>>3327792

Unreal was a pretty shitty game tho
>>
>>3327792
after quake was released, all people cared about was them tcp/ip multiplayer

only after half life ppl started caring about sp again
>>
>>3331052
You know full well what I meant. They cheat at the game. If a player like having infinite no delay dodging. If a player had that it'd definitely be ban worthy. But if a bot has it in a game where it's intended it's not, that's okay? They play by a different set of rules not designed to be balanced with the weapons properly.
>>
>>3331062
I'm >>3330812. They may follow a different set of rules, but they follow it consistently. They do not actively try to take advantage of glitches or bugs, as they are blissfully unaware of them.
>>
>>3328762
Fan made Doom and Quake maps released in the last 20 years have highlighted just how basic and weak the original map design was.

Would Doom be anywhere near as popular as it is today if it was impossible for the community to make maps? No, of course not.
>>
>>3331075
UnrealEd?
>>
File: Vandora.gif (187 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Vandora.gif
187 KB, 512x512
I'm so glad I got to experience Unreal during its height. The single player is still great but playing online yielded such a wealth of free user made content and crazy game modes.
>>
>>3331052
What the fuck did that post have that made you assume she was a jew?
>>
>>3331575
>Operation Na Pali

man people ragged on the main guy in that but I liked it. That mod was so fucking comfy, it was probably one of the few Unreal mods that didn't have a downer ending either. It was just cheesy action fun.
>>
>>3331625
What made you assume he was a she?
>>
>>3331074
>as they are blissfully unaware of them.
You don't need to be aware of glitches or bugs to benefit from them.
Also for the most part yes, they consistently cheat. That doesn't make them not cheating.
>>
>>3332902
What made you assume she was a he?
>>
What is wrong with the aiming in Unreal? I bought Unreal Gold off of Steam and when you have the gun on the right side (like a modern FPS) the bullet is off center. AIming is difficult since the projectile doesn't hit where you think it should, I tried it by standing next to walls and shooting and the aiming's off. The only way to hit accurately is by switching the weapon to the center of the screen.
>>
I love the first Unreal
Anyone have a good dual wield automag mutator for the campaign
it takes too damn long to get the chaingun
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.