[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was it so easy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: nocturne.jpg (53 KB, 648x650) Image search: [Google]
nocturne.jpg
53 KB, 648x650
Why was it so easy?
>>
>>3326939
Because you're the best at video games
>>
Because the true difficulty lies in exploring, not fighting enemies.

shield-rod, etc, etc.
>>
>>3326943
but even the exploring is damn easy and obvious compared to a metroid
>>
>>3326949

Try speedrunning it and earning a WR if you find it so easy then.
>>
>>3326951

Sure pal.
>>
>>3326951
The speedrun categories for SotN are a joke. The game is so broken you can beat it in 5 minutes with Alucard, making the game even easier than if you would play it normally.
>>
>>3327039

Do it.

>>3327050
More reasons to try to get a WR, it's so easy, then do it.
>>
>>3326939
What game is that?
>>
>>3327053
A. I'm not an attention whore, B. I don't want to play a bad game just to prove a point to a random nigger online, C. your favorite Castlevania sucks.
>>
File: np18alucard.jpg (27 KB, 236x326) Image search: [Google]
np18alucard.jpg
27 KB, 236x326
>>3326939

http://shmuplations.com/symphony/

>—The Castlevania series is known as a 2D action game that sets the bar high with a very high difficulty. I think with the emphasis of RPG elements in Symphony, more players than ever have been allowed to enjoy the series. How has the response from fans been in that regard?

>Igarashi: The one thing we heard the most was “it’s too easy.” We expected to hear that though. There were also some people who said it was too difficult, and it brought home to me the difficulty of making something for “everyone.” Symphony of the Night has also gained a lot of support from female users, definitely because of the difficulty setting, but perhaps also because of the visual style. So in addition to allowing people who couldn’t beat previous Castlevanias to play, we’ve also successfully broken through to a whole new class of players, and I’m very happy that we’ve overturned the “hard game” image of Castlevania.
>>
Romscout, the WR holder and best Symphony of the Night speedrunner, couldn't even beat Super Castlevania IV (he got stuck on Stage A, the clock tower levels). That's proof that SotN is the casualest entry in the franchise.
>>
Because it has a sword that's basically a machine gun and a heal spell that kills everything on-screen.
>>
>>3327078
Yeah and the work furiouspaul put into his super cv 4 WR was fucking astounding, easily one of the hardest ever speedrun achievements.
>>
>>3327064
悪魔城ドラキュラX 月下の夜想曲
>>
>>3327237
>月下の夜想曲

Hey I know that song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEuVNzH5wCo
>>
Controlling jumps mid-air + no death pits + possibility to recover your health almost anytime. Castlevania games are hard for those reasons, I'd add the boss battles are pretty easy, and I'm not even thinking about using the most broken weapons, even the Fist of Tulkas is powerful enough to finish the game.
>>
File: 1405286801929.jpg (63 KB, 470x730) Image search: [Google]
1405286801929.jpg
63 KB, 470x730
I just beat Aria of Sorrow today. I finished with 100% completion and dicked around for a few minutes as Julius. Haven't tried out the boss rush yet, though.

What did you guys think of it? I tried starting up a thread the other day but it got deleted 'cause GBA. (even though Castlevania seems unanimously loved here, from what I've noticed)
>>
I think the original premise may have been a challenge as the first playthrough, exploring the castle. Then the inverse castle was a sort of hard mode.Of course once you know where everything is it's cake. Also what he said >>3327286
>>
>>3327362
>deleted 'cause GBA
Which is ridiculous, because we talk about more than half of its games before they were ported to GBA from the SNES all the time on here.
>>
File: 1407693164829.jpg (3 MB, 1190x1800) Image search: [Google]
1407693164829.jpg
3 MB, 1190x1800
>>3327516
I know, right? I was even discussing SotN in the OP. I got warned and everything.
>>
>>3326939
>Why was it so easy?

Honestly? Because the controls are excellent, and you're given a lot of freedom in the air.
>>
>>3326939
The first play through could be difficult, but not in the same way as older castlevania.

Instead of execution, you need stats. When you end up dying you have two options, get better or level up.

If you have some experiencie playing other castlevanias, metroid and some RPG. SOTN will feel more easy. But that is because you have more experiencie in that kind of game before.

Speedrunning SOTN is fun and difficult. you should try to do it.

It took me a couple of days to beat it (in the wrong way) for the first time. A little bit more to beat the inverted castle. And just an hour and a half to beat it using some speed running strategies.

execution, stats or speed. choose the aspect that is most difficult to you, and beat it in that way.
>>
A game that's easy for you might not be easy for everyone. Especially people that have never played the genre before.

My wife played a Zelda game for the first time last year and she couldn't git gud to save her life. But she will murder you at Tetris.
>>
>>3327516
>>3327561
yeah the mod is a fucking cunt

busy deleting friendly thread instead of monitoring those shitfest insane generals we have
>>
File: 1265579368887.jpg (72 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1265579368887.jpg
72 KB, 640x640
>>3327817

Still mad, aussie?

why don't you get on the secret Irc? lol!
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.