[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do these store's stay in business?? I know they are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: shit(N)shat.jpg (408 KB, 590x475) Image search: [Google]
shit(N)shat.jpg
408 KB, 590x475
How do these store's stay in business?? I know they are franchised so maybe a decent one is out there but every location I have ever visited sells mostly overpriced shit games(many with printed out covers) and has know nothing shit employees. I honestly can't imagine why anyone would give them the time of day let alone sell games to them.
>>
Money laundering
>>
The one near me gets business like CRAZY. They have a retarded amount of diffetent DVD's. They also sell retro vidya for a decent price.

You guys have to realize that retro video games are getting popular. You cant just expect to go into a store and buy 10 games for 20 bucks anymore. The market inflated, this is how things work.
>>
>>3326608
Depends what you buy. The games everyone wants like ff7 and zelda are always like 50 bucks. Its worth it for "le timeless classics"
>>
>>3326608
The one by my place shut down because honestly all the stuff they took in was shit. Scratched discs that didn't work, carts with rust and mold. For some reason they also sold paintball guns too.
>>
>>3326658
That actually would make sense.

>>3326668
>The one near me
Sounds like you have a decent one

>You guys have to realize that retro video games are getting popular.

No shit. That's not the issue. They carry games in terrible condition and want top dollar even for sport titles. I've seen a couple playntrades come and go but the two near me still being in business baffles me.

>>3326671
Not sure how they come up with pricing but I was able to snag up a dirt cheap copy of Crystalis a couple years back when all the other stores wanted at least $10 to $15. That's the only "deal" I've ever seen there.

>>3326675
One of the stores near me was selling a booklet of burned games. Is that even legal lol?
>>
>>3326675
I think I went in the one near me once just to see what it was. Nothing really interested me and it has since shut down. How are their prices in general? I dont recall mich about mine but I assume it was overpriced. I really think that some resellers would rather go out of business than sell their goods for a fair price.>>3326675
>>
>>3326608
>How do these store's stay in business?
>sells mostly overpriced shit games(many with printed out covers) and has know nothing minimum wage employees
You literally answered your own question
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.