[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Genesis game doesnt work.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 20160630_132559.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160630_132559.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
Is there anything physically wrong with the sega megadrive(genesis) circuitboard? Pins are clean but the game doesnt seem to work. First time i encountered not working game for the system.
>>
File: 20160630_132251.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160630_132251.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>
Taking a picture of the EEPROM probably flashed it, deleting the ROM
>>
>>3326209

Ive heard if exposed to sunlight for a long that can happen. But why would taking a picture delete it?
>>
>>3326216
Hes fucking with you. It take ULTRAVIOLET light to erase an eprom. Also that board looks flawless, the capacitor doesn't smell like fish, does it?
>>
>>3326316

Yeah that was expected. No it doesnt smell like a fish.
>>
Seems like theres rust on the sides. Can it be that its had a fair share of moisture or something.
>>
>>3326196
The Sega capacitors (cylinder thing on the left) are notorious for dying. Looking at that board, that'd be my first guess.
>>
>>3326209
That's EPROM not EEPROM. OP's game definitely doesn't use those. EPROMS have a little window that exposes the die that's why they're susceptible to UV. Aside from prototypes video games don't use either. Mass produced retail games are all mask ROMs
>>
>>3326371

Is it easy to replace if i get a hold of solder?
>>
>>3326554
Very easy. Just ensure you put them on the right direction.
>>
>>3326196
I've had success using a game genie to get otherwise non functional games to work.

Worth giving a shot if you have a game genie.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.