[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your thoughts on the Namco Museum series?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
File: Blue man.png (68 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Blue man.png
68 KB, 1280x960
Your thoughts on the Namco Museum series?
>>
File: Valkyrienodensetsu_arcadeflyer.png (632 KB, 602x425) Image search: [Google]
Valkyrienodensetsu_arcadeflyer.png
632 KB, 602x425
>>3325895
Delicious blonde girl comes to mind..
>>
there was something so comfy and kinda psychedelic about the museum. the emptiness, the music, the '95 playstation graphics. i fuckin love it. really the games were more of an afterthought, as a kid i'd spend most of my time just wandering around and taking it in
>>
File: Gil and Ki.png (868 KB, 5120x3840) Image search: [Google]
Gil and Ki.png
868 KB, 5120x3840
>>3325895
>>
>>3325895
Damn, that Video Game Music album cover reference...that's a deep cut.
>>
File: vgm.jpg (13 KB, 336x335) Image search: [Google]
vgm.jpg
13 KB, 336x335
>>3326096
Oh shit, that's cool. I always wondered why his head looked like that.
>>
Thank you thread for reminding me to resurface my Museums disc and play some Dragon Spirit.
>>
>>3325895
Rolling Thunder
>>
>>3325895
There was some Japanese dungeon crawler on it, a progenitor to the modern RPG. You were a knight in a castle attempting to defeat an evil dragon and on the way you had to kill evil slime with different powers, ghosts, elemental knights. You collected armor and weapons and potions. It was one of the first video games I ever owned and I'm grateful for it.

The Namco Museum deserves a vaporwave album dedicated to it. It just fits too well
>>
Really wish they'd make another with the old style that has everything they've done over the years. Always loved them for introducing me to Dig Dug.
>>
>>3326098
It would be pretty rad to own the vinyl album.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZEabnf0P0A
>>
File: Blue skies.png (1 MB, 5120x3840) Image search: [Google]
Blue skies.png
1 MB, 5120x3840
>>
>>3327091
That's Tower of Druaga, it got three sequels in Japan, the best one being Famicom cult classic Quest of Ki.
>>
>>3327091
>The Namco Museum deserves a vaporwave album dedicated to it.
No it doesn't. Vaporwave is horseshit.
>>
File: 0322161148-1.jpg (965 KB, 3005x1664) Image search: [Google]
0322161148-1.jpg
965 KB, 3005x1664
>>3327183
I got a bunch of shit for posting about these records the last time there was a thread like this, with an anon asking where the blue guy came from. I don't have Namco, but I've got Konami, Hudson, Tecmo, Capcom and Irem. They're not hard to find on discogs, but boy do they command a high price.
>>
>>3327778
That cover art is worth it alone. Consider me jelly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcterSUdof0
>>
It's always saddened me that they re-release the Namco Museum on every platform but never have the actual museum anymore. Even if they have the same historical stuff (I wouldn't know), the presentation took the Musem games to the next level.
>>
File: museum rules.png (1 MB, 5120x3840) Image search: [Google]
museum rules.png
1 MB, 5120x3840
>>
The amount of love in the collections is really quite admirable. Sprite animations, trivia, ephemera, and he'll, even a shortened promo video for Genpei Toumaden. You really never see that degree of love for the games on retro collections afterward. Even if you can play all of these games flawlessly on MAME (and you should since some of these discs are getting too hard to find), the Namco museums are some of the best ways to present older games I've found.
>>
>>3328263
The new NamcoMuseum games are just excuses to port the games and try some stupid experimental shit. It's for kids now. The last good NamcoMuseum was the one for PS2 that had reimaginings of the games that were original and amazing. Megamix for Wii has a lot of games ported to it, but still no museum.

I only ever owned NM3 in the original PS1 series, but I so badly wanted the other 4.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.